Free Fly Fishing Magazines

Dave Westburg

Fish the classics
Forum Supporter
Thinning the herd by giving away some fly fishing magazines. Free if picked up in Kirkland, WA or you pay postage and shipping. You can choose any or all.

56 miscellaneous issues of Northwest Fly Fishing dating from 1999 to 2019.

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 12.20.48 PM.png

6 issues of Steelhead Fly Fishing Journal, Frank Amato's steelhead fly fishing magazine which was published in 1994 and 1995.

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 12.21.22 PM.png

4 issues of Fish and Fly Magazine from 2001 and 2002.
Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 12.25.19 PM.png

14 issues of Wild Steelhead and Salmon dating from 1997-1999.

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 12.25.57 PM.png

Mike Monsos

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Hey Dave, you should also post this in Pay it forward free stuff. Someone will be very happy to receive your generous offer.

Mike

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Thats so old, people were using RPLs back then, Ancient fly rod of times past...nothing like this to remind you of good fishing/camping times...eons ago it appears...I'm starting to age myself by rods. The RPL rod era was damn good days!!! I would include Winston but I never even thought of lifting that rod in fear of seeing the price tag on it, back then dont touch what you cant afford...😜. Couldnt affors the RPL either. Why I had a Berkeley Cherrywood 7/8 glass with Japanese reel combo from the great Pay-N-Pak hardware store. But the RPL and Winston were kinda the king rods back then that I recall.
These magazines/reading material you have ...have secrets. maybe you shoud just keep them. ;)

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
I threw away all my hunting and fishing magazines when I last moved, it filled our rolling recycle bin, hundreds, still kicking myself for that. I love flipping through old magazines.

RCF

Life of the Party
Just seeing the flies from years ago would bring back great memories.

Today's flies have a heritage from some great tyers back then.

Any bets old school flies will out fish Today's purple, foam bodied, plastic winged, flies?

Mike Monsos

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
USPS Flat Rate Priority boxes are pretty reasonable, no weight limit. About the price of a half rack of beer now :unsure:

Mike

afried

Smolt
Magazines don’t qualify for media mail rates. I doubt you’ll find anything cheaper than the usps flat rate boxes if you’re dealing with a quantity of magazines.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Magazines don’t qualify for media mail rates. I doubt you’ll find anything cheaper than the usps flat rate boxes if you’re dealing with a quantity of magazines.
I shipped a knuckle from a dana 44 axle in one…good deal

cdnred

Life of the Party
I wonder what they would cost to ship. I would love to take them.
I think the shipping would be quite costly as magazines are quite heavy, maybe 35lbs..?

I've got a few magazines (~121) myself that I was looking to sell for $50 (as they're quite old) or best offer. As a lot they're quite heavy (~100lbs) to pick up so shipping I feel might be quite costly..

My ad..
Collection of Vintage "Outdoor Life" Magazines. All in very good condition with lots of thrilling articles and stories. Selling as a complete package, not individually..
05f66c5e-1aee-48ae-835a-404f042b4bca

Outdoor Life
1968 - 9 mag's
1969 - 12 mag's
1970 - 6 mag's
1971 - 5 mag's
1972 - 1 mag
1973 - 3 mag's
1974 - 6 mag's
1975 - 11 mag's
1976 - 4 mag
1977 - 15 mag's