Free Beer on the Clark Fork River

klq@stl

Steelhead
Coors Light and Blue Moon in cans and bottles:

Last edited:

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
if we went to the moon as often as trains run in America there'd be a LOT of dead moon travelers...

we built what 4 space shuttles and two of them blew up in 135 missions.. I bet train transport has a much better safety record.

that said why has there been the current rash of derailments? glad nothing extremely hazardous was on this one

Chucker

Steelhead
Well if you don't drink and you come across this windfall, it might be hazardous.

If you do drink and come across this windfall, that might also be hazardous!

I wouldn’t think that a load of powdered clay is going to do the river ecosystem much good. Hopefully flows are high enough that it disperses.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
if we went to the moon as often as trains run in America there'd be a LOT of dead moon travelers...

we built what 4 space shuttles and two of them blew up in 135 missions.. I bet train transport has a much better safety record.

that said why has there been the current rash of derailments? glad nothing extremely hazardous was on this one

klq@stl

Steelhead
This train derailment reminded me of past whiskey spills in Kentucky.
90,000 barrels, 17,000 gallons, 800,000 gallons. That is a lot of whiskey! From Jim Beam to Wild Turkey.

Last edited:

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
And I quote Dustin Chromers

"For as old a technology as trains I'm still amazed at the ability to keep crashing them. We can go to the moon but can't keep a train on a track?"

I still stand by that. However as environmental disasters go this one is a glass half full situation. Sucks it's not a better brew but at least your can have a glass of swill and the fish won't by harmed. Buzzed up maybe but after a sleep and a headache they and the river will recover.

klq@stl

Steelhead
Evidently lightning strikes twice; 1999 train derailment sends thousands of Coors Light cans floating down the Clark Fork River.