FishWA App Update

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Nice to have tides *and cfs gauges (but I'd rather use Riverflows.net for cfs) included now* but I wish "Pamphlet Mode" option was persistent like the previous version. If I have the FishWA app open on my Samsung S-22+ and go to another app (Riverflows.net to check CFS), then go back to FishWA the map is blacked out. I have to close and reopen to get a map display back but at least it goes to the last GPS location. Also, after I upgraded, my existing waypoints were not visible until I either I created one or clicked on a saved waypoint.

Last edited:

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Nice to have tides included now but I wish "Pamphlet Mode" option was persistent like the previous version. If I have the FishWA app open on my Samsung S-22+ and go to another app (Riverflows.net to check CFS), then go back to FishWA the map is blacked out. I have to close and reopen to get a map display back but at least it goes to the last GPS location. Also, after I upgraded, my existing waypoints were not visible until I either I created one or clicked on a saved waypoint.
Yep, same here regarding leaving the site and the map blanking out. I'm also Samsung if that's the reason.

Also, I noticed a few lakes without info. On the map, they have no shore outline, are lighter blue, and nothing happens when you tap on it.
Evergreen Res, for example

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Yep, same here regarding leaving the site and the map blanking out. I'm also Samsung if that's the reason.

Also, I noticed a few lakes without info. On the map, they have no shore outline, are lighter blue, and nothing happens when you tap on it.
Evergreen Res, for example
I sent an email to the devs containing my comments above. I resent a forward adding your comments.

Adrian M

Steelhead
So much faster. I was Atari slow with the last version

USGD River flows would be next level.
Reasonably certain they are in there. At least when I look at the Cedar River, I see all the gauges in there

Attachments

• IMG_2065.png
    IMG_2065.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 7

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
When I first opened it, it was like normal. Then after closing and reopening, the map changed (zoom level). I am using an iPhone.IMG_3834.PNG

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
The map seems a bit funky.
I understand some of the lines breaking up the various marine areas, but what is this line for? It seems to break MA 13 up into two sections, which is odd. That line isn’t noted in the printed regs.
SF

IMG_7026.jpeg
IMG_7027.pngIMG_7028.png

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
When I first opened it, it was like normal. Then after closing and reopening, the map changed (zoom level). I am using an iPhone.View attachment 110226
Telling you need to become a traveling world wide fly angler….time to update your quiver 😆

Lot of maps seem to do this…. Including my Subaru Outback….the map zooms out and shows the whole wide world. ?????

Tallguy

Steelhead
I understand some of the lines breaking up the various marine areas, but what is this line for? It seems to break MA 13 up into two sections, which is odd. That line isn’t noted in the printed regs.
SF

View attachment 110230
My app lists that as "Stonedfish is only allowed to fish this area for SRC and coho salmon, and sculpin, 2024+"

Sorry for the bad news.

Chucker

Steelhead
SF
That might be the boundary of the “Carr inlet shrimp district”. It relates to a trawl fishery for coonstripes that happened in the 1970’s, but it’s like a good zombie, it keeps getting back up.

JLT

20 years late to the game
Forum Supporter
Reasonably certain they are in there. At least when I look at the Cedar River, I see all the gauges in there
Will ya look at that? Thanks. I’m, not sure how I missed this magical new feature. Needs a lot of updating or linking to actual data, but it’s happening.

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Doesn't look like it. But it now has links to buy a license, identify fish, and more. Also, it now wants to send me alerts. Alert me to what, I wonder?
Figured out the alerts. The app just alerted me that it was downloading database updates on its own. I like that better than the old system of updating only when I open the app.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
WDFW is merging with Lunker Alerts for the best chance of catching the big one !!!!