fishing with kids..

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Her very first. Not as dramatic as other pics on the site, but pretty proud of her for not panicking. it looked like a baby walleye, but could have been something else.
Edit. Researched this fish via several F&G type websites . What she caught was a juvenile yellow perch...

Attachments

• IMG_6777.jpg
    IMG_6777.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
I am so jealous! My son is obsessed with fish and fishing but at 18 months I have a looooooong time before I can fish with him. He is such a tough toddler to handle, everyday is like a month with all toddler drama moments, so I think I will feel 100 years old by the time he can cast and reel.

copperJon

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I am so jealous! My son is obsessed with fish and fishing but at 18 months I have a looooooong time before I can fish with him. He is such a tough toddler to handle, everyday is like a month with all toddler drama moments, so I think I will feel 100 years old by the time he can cast and reel.
Mine are 3.5 and 1.5, I feel you brother. I have a tuna ready boat that didn't touch water last year at all (nor did I), didn't fish 2021 at all outside of the little lake trip where my pic above came from, and I only got in 2 days of fishing in 2020. The times have been amazing, but I can't wait to get them out on the boat, and into some action.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
My kid could care less about fishing (he's 12). But he DOES love hanging out on our inflatable NRS kayak....soooo, that's what we sometimes do...he rides, I paddle and sometimes fish.