Fish Mounts

SpawnFlyFish

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
This may be a weird request... We are looking to liven up Spawn Fly Fish and would love to add some fish mounts in the shop. However, we cannot afford to get them made. It's come to my attention that people might have one tucked away in a shop or closet that never sees the light of day. We are interested in purchasing a few local species that would be on display here in our fly shop! We would also add a small plaque saying when the fish was caught and who caught it! Again, I know this is a weird request but think it would be a really cool addition to the shop!

Thank you!

- Spawn Fly Fish

kmudgn

Steelhead
These days, finding someone who actually does Taxidermy to mount anything is hard. There are a number of people who will make a fiberglass replica of your "trophy" if you send a picture and dimensions. I saw one in the fall and if I was not told it was a reproduction I would not have known. I know that he found the company on the web, but I don't remember what it was

LakeGuy

Smolt
Might want to call Dave Cambell ,he has a Facebook page,don’t know his phone “.Might have what your looking for.He mounted a lot of fish for me,might have some for sell.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Might be worth posting something on Nextdoor.
What may have been a treasure to the person that caught it may now be something someone’s kids or relatives might look forward to getting rid of.
Worth checking local spots like Goodwill etc as well.
SF

SpawnFlyFish

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
These days, finding someone who actually does Taxidermy to mount anything is hard. There are a number of people who will make a fiberglass replica of your "trophy" if you send a picture and dimensions. I saw one in the fall and if I was not told it was a reproduction I would not have known. I know that he found the company on the web, but I don't remember what it was
I have someone that will do it for me but its pretty expensive.. So I figured I would give this a whirl first!

SpawnFlyFish

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Might be worth posting something on Nextdoor.
What may have been a treasure to the person that caught it may now be something someone’s kids or relatives might look forward to getting rid of.
Worth checking local spots like Goodwill etc as well.
SF
100% agree and have been putting some feelers out locally! Only thing that has come up is a 100 year old Walrus lol

JayB

Steelhead
Also worth keeping an eye on the inventory at shopgoodwill.com. More likely to find warmwater fish there but the price is right and seems like there's decent turnover from what I've seen over the past couple of days.

Divad

Whitefish
If you can get them before they get to the pawn shop that’s the goal. At least that was the case in MT and ID for a vast majority of taxidermy.

Managed to snag a huge non-typical whitetail and some other game for one of the yc homes after putting an ad on Craigslist (rip).

Throw an ad on OfferUp/FB/Craigs or maybe your local newspaper if it’s economical. But I’d highly suggest checking pawns, they’ll want to offload them and with a little negotiation you’ll have a steal.