First fish of 2024

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
Starting the thread in hopes of having something to post in it tomorrow. Please share your first catch of the new year too.

My sincere best new year wishes to all of our native PNW fish species. May you feed and spawn abundantly in clean, cool, and oxygen-rich waters. May all anglers besides me eat shit. Amen.

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
Well, I forgot my net, so my first fish was a 10-inch resident coho that spit the hook as I tried to grab it for a pic.

My second fish will be determined at a later date…

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Grandkids are watching movies on the other TV, so . . . ;)
nemo.jpg

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
First fish
20240101_FirstFishSS.jpg
came to the new fly I'm tying, a straggle stone
20240101_StStFF.jpg
And the last fish of the morning stalked the fly down the seam, sped up as it swung across the tailout, and with a couple tail flicks hammered it as it came tight and rose to the surface.
20240101_swingeat.jpg
Had the CFO singing on a few hot runs and gave a couple splashy aerials that put fireworks to shame. Nice start to 2024, probably down hill from here. It ate one with tan legs.
20240101_StStTan.jpg

Last edited:

IHFISH

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Battle-scarred char
1704152545438.jpeg
1704152580306.jpeg

Lots of time on and off trail on public land today

1704152649263.jpeg

Riverside clean up efforts indicate that beer-bonging twisted tea and diet pepsi in a motor oil container was the way to ring in 2024 on our north sound rivers.

1704152770649.jpeg

Last edited:

flybill

Life of the Party
Drove out to the Snoqualmie and checked out one of my favorite spots.. saw four boats, and a good number of anglers. It was cold and my spot that I wanted was occupied so just wandered back home to watch football and do stuff around the house! I'll get out one day this week at least.. maybe two.. will go earlier though!

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
I caught a bunch of bull trout this morning. It was a beautiful sunrise on the water. Was lovely until the crowds arrived and I had 4 guys casting their setup within 4 feet of where I stood. Later I went to the pet store with my son and we got some new tetras for our tank. Alabama lost. Huskies currently have the lead. 2024 is so far so good.