Finally a small win

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Now that a judge ruled Lorna Smith is essentially an illegally appointed commissioner....is everything she worked on in the last two messed up years going to be properly thrown out?

Flymph

Steelhead
Now that a judge ruled Lorna Smith is essentially an illegally appointed commissioner....is everything she worked on in the last two messed up years going to be properly thrown out?

OK, she can't occupy both positions and I get that. Just what, exactly, did she do to upset sportspeople?

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
OK, she can't occupy both positions and I get that. Just what, exactly, did she do to upset sportspeople?
It's in the article
“We’re very pleased with today’s decision that affirms Ms. Smith has been violating state law for more than two years while crafting policy that undermines scientific wildlife management and damages the state’s traditions of hunting and fishing,” said Todd Adkins, the organization’s vice president of government affairs. “It’s reassuring to see that law still matters in Washington state, something the Fish and Wildlife Commission would do well to remember in the future.”

Flymph

Steelhead
It's in the article
“We’re very pleased with today’s decision that affirms Ms. Smith has been violating state law for more than two years while crafting policy that undermines scientific wildlife management and damages the state’s traditions of hunting and fishing,” said Todd Adkins, the organization’s vice president of government affairs. “It’s reassuring to see that law still matters in Washington state, something the Fish and Wildlife Commission would do well to remember in the future.”
Yes, I saw that line and thought it was a general statement without specifics.

This was also in the article: "The most likely outcome will be for Smith to simply resign from the Jefferson County post and continue on the Fish and Wildlife Commission".

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Yes, I saw that line and thought it was a general statement without specifics.

This was also in the article: "The most likely outcome will be for Smith to simply resign from the Jefferson County post and continue on the Fish and Wildlife Commission".
There has been some threads on this matter before. Threads I believe that you have even participated in. There is also a lot of articles that can be found on our commission utilizing a simple google search. No need to rehash the obvious when it comes to Lorna....

JS

Mankie Old Chum

Fuck, let’s hope so. If nothing else I’m just pleased that Inslee isn’t going to get away with appointing someone who is so whole heartedly against the American conservation model.

Shad

Life of the Party
Getting rid of her would be a good start. Lots of work left to achieve balance on the commission, but this is good news.

Reactions: JS