Evan's boat projects: floor replacement

RCF

Life of the Party
I was going to say something about hidden challenges but did not because I did not want to jinx it. I will say something now.

You are a better man than me. I would not even want to start a project like that.

Good luck and enjoy the project. When you are all done and look back you will be proud of what you accomplished.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I was going to say something about hidden challenges but did not because I did not want to jinx it. I will say something now.

You are a better man than me. I would not even want to start a project like that.

Good luck and enjoy the project. When you are all done and look back you will be proud of what you accomplished.
I've taken on much, much bigger boat projects. This is nothing 😂

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I've decided that after work today, I'm just going to bust up the rear two floor panels. They will be easy to remake since they're both just a standard 48 width with slightly curved ends to fit along the sides. There's no weird stenciling to happen on either of those like the one in the bow that I got out.

Kilchis

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
What are the black rectangles in the side flotation boxes? (I assume they are for more foam. My Pro Alaskan had similar panels full of foam.)

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Will you be putting foam back in?

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Will you be putting foam back in?
Not a chance. Maybe pool noodles to displace water but I'm storing this outside and don't want a waterlogged boat.

Now on to my next dilemma. Given my lack of experience with rivets and lack of tools to replace them (I may be be able to rent though) I'm hesitant to pop any that are attached to the hull. But removing these to pull these side console things out would make my life so much easier I think.

I need an experienced adult to tell me everything is going to be OK.

20231019_151030.jpg20231019_151104.jpg

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
And what kind of rivets are those? I can't find any that look anything like them when shopping for potential replacement supplies

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
What are the black rectangles in the side flotation boxes? (I assume they are for more foam. My Pro Alaskan had similar panels full of foam.)
can't tell what you're looking at actually. I see no black rectangles