EPIC! SWEET! DUDE! Please stop!

Steve Vaughn

Still learning
Forum Supporter
OK, just a little rant from an old curmudgeon. I will admit a minor addiction to fishing-related YouTube videos. I have picked up a lot of great information that has improved various aspects of my sporting life. One of the channels I really appreciate for the videography I just can't watch anymore because of the use of epic, sweet, and dude in every utterance. WTF! Not every fish that takes your fly is EPIC. Like my football coach taught us, "Act like you've been there before." Geez, it is just fishing. Make your cast and enjoy the take, but it isn't really epic. It's just another fish. OK, old man rant over.

Divad

Whitefish
Here here. There is a small channel that swings on the OP a lot and they do the same thing. I’m 30 and I hate it.

Stoneflywelding

Sometimes I go fishing.
Forum Supporter
Or after someone catches a nice fish someone yells “let’s go!” . Let’s go where? I’m fishin dude….

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
The only fly fishing content I watch on a regular basis is one guy, fishing alone. He does a short intro to describe what he is doing. Then just films his fishing then essentially just says goodbye or points out a small detail of his experience.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
I mean, I mutter, “fuck, finally” when I hook up. Does that count.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I don’t know, honestly, if I got that pumped after each fish I might be living a happier life? But seriously, what’s wrong with being super happy with every fish? Better than being bummed it was bigger or more epic?