NFR Do you believe?

Non-fishing related

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Technically speaking, FTL (faster than light) travel is not impossible, Einstein's equation just states than any object with mass cannot be accelerated to lightspeed as that would take an infinite amount of energy. Speculation has it that you could surround a ship with a spacetime bubble but no one has a clue as to how to get it started let alone how to stop it once you got it going.

Next, we'll discuss how there will never be teleportation devices.😉
Hang on, Joe. I can't recall if it was the Japanese or the Chinese, but a team of physicists from one of those countries reported actually moving an atom about 200 meters via teleportation about 6 years ago.

Flymph

Steelhead
The aliens being of higher intelligence would clearly become bass fishing beings...😁
No way, The Star Trek "Holodeck" schedule shows fly fishing destinations for cool, mountain, streams filled with willing brown, golden, cutthroat, brook, and rainbow trout adventures!

Last edited:
Reactions: Zak

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Watched an interesting PBS show on A.I. and how it could dramatically accelerate our understanding of particle physics, and if folding space turns out to be a real, doable thing, goodby to time as the travel anchor...that is, if Skynet doesn't get us first

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter
About 38 years ago my wife and I saw a UAO aka UFO. It had the bluish white lights and no wings. We were maybe 300 yards from it.
I would get into the details but why bother trying to convince y’all.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
About 38 years ago my wife and I saw a UAO aka UFO. It had the bluish white lights and no wings. We were maybe 300 yards from it.
I would get into the details but why bother trying to convince y’all.
Please proceed...though leave out the probe details.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Last edited: