Darn tough socks

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Pricey, but the best socks you can buy. Extremely durable and comfortable. Lifetime guarantee. American made.

krusty

Forum Supporter
Either way, I am trying a pair as I can ruin a pair of socks faster than most.
:)
I've got velociraptor toenails and I've yet to punch through a Darn Tough sock. They're the only socks I'll wear.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I just went to their site.
one pair $30
two pair $63
WTF?
Yeah it’s darn tough on the wallet for a pair. I usually only buy when on sale. REI has sales from time to time. Still expensive.

krusty

Forum Supporter
I just went to their site.
one pair $30
two pair $63
WTF?
Very same sentiment I experience when looking at or using my Sage flyrod....though at least the socks, unlike the Sage, don't fall apart with minimal use.

Last edited:

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Marc Cabot, the fellow who started and owns the company is a diehard Atlantic Salmon fisherman. Spent some time fishing with him at Ted Williams camp on the Miramachi a few years ago. When he got started making socks in Northfield Vt the first thing he did was give a pair to everyone entered in the Boston Marathon that year and the brand just took off from there. Smart guy. Can't cast but a smart guy.

Reactions: Zak

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
They must have been on sale. I bought a pair at an outdoor shop in Escalante when I was hiking there in April. Good socks. More comfortable than the other hiking and backpacking specific socks I have.

BriGuy

Life of the Party
Ok...just gonna throw out a little shopping tip.
Order one pair, twice = $60
Order two pair option = $63
Don't be using that fancy aritmetic around these parts. 👨‍🎓

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Marc Cabot, the fellow who started and owns the company is a diehard Atlantic Salmon fisherman. Spent some time fishing with him at Ted Williams camp on the Miramachi a few years ago. When he got started making socks in Northfield Vt the first thing he did was give a pair to everyone entered in the Boston Marathon that year and the brand just took off from there. Smart guy. Can't cast but a smart guy.
Northfield VT has an annual Darn Tough sale, just a warehouse full of cardboard boxes of socks and locals loading up on them. They are the only socks I have that still look and function great, 10 years later.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
My FIL is a big fan of Darn Tough socks. I have about 4 pair now that I’ve gotten for Xmas over the years. I like them. I don’t need any more. Especially being as they last so darn long. They are warm, even the lighter weight ones. I still like thinner socks and even cotton socks for day to day use. I run hot.