Curious if anyone in the portland area has had gear stolen

I know a lot of people have had gear stolen, I've seen a few posts about it, but I spotted a questionable garage sale with some absurdly low pricing on some absurdly expensive gear recently. I remember what was there and was curious if anyone on here was looking for their stuff.

Let's try to stay on topic, maybe a dedicated post about what you're missing can help to bring it home.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
questionable garage sale with some absurdly low pricing on some absurdly expensive gear recently.
How recent was recently? And did you report this to the police? For starters. I think it's going to take more than a thread about missing gear to "bring it home."

RCF

Life of the Party
Thieves will transport items to another city or state in order to avoid an detection/arrest.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Since this will probably come up in discussion, I'll mention it in advance:

There's been talk about why don't we have a "lost and found" subforum (and stolen would fit in there). I'm not totally against the idea. But here's the deal, far more people look at the "general discussion" forum directly than any other subforum. So anything in a lost/found/stolen subforum isn't going to get as many eyes on it as a thread posted here in "general discussion". That said, you also have to balance eyeballs with organization. Otherwise why wouldn't we just have one big forum and have threads of every topic together in a big pile.

Anyway, I'm not against the idea, but I just want everyone to know what the deal is.

Also, consider this another reminder about the "new posts" interface. It really is 100% the way that most people should be viewing the forum.