Cool summer treats

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
What are some of your favorite fruity summer treats?

We sometimes make avocado, condensed milk and crushed ice. Diced up avocado mixed with condensed milk to taste, mash a little, add crushed ice, done! Some people like to blend it up but I prefered some texture to it.

PXL_20220731_233737434.jpg

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Simple michelada. Not the weird michelada in bars that is like a beer bloody mary.

Salt rim of big glass/canning jar.
Fill with ice. Squeeze one whole lime over ice.
Fill with light Mexican beer.

It is like beer limeade and so good.
OK I had no idea Michelada didn't have tomato juice of some sort in it.

Zak

Legend
It doesn’t have to, but it does need something spicy in it. I like a rim of Tajín, with some Tajín dissolved in the drink along with some hot sauce in there.
I do the Tajín in the rim but skip the hot sauce.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I do the Tajín in the rim but skip the hot sauce.
Gotta have some kind of chili or it's not a michelada, IMHO.
The hot sauce is great. It's like a supercharger on a V-8--The faster you go, the faster you go. Spiciness makes you crave another hit of the cool drink, which is a little spicy, which makes you crave another hit of the cool drink...

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
My friend from Oaxaca introduced me to the michelada 15 years ago. His version included:
Mexican lager
Lime juice
Valentina
Tajin
Clamato
Worcestershire sauce
Chomoy

I loved it!
More commonly at home I do just beer, Tajin, and lime juice with or without Valentina depending on my mood.

Zak

Legend
Gotta have some kind of chili or it's not a michelada, IMHO.
The hot sauce is great. It's like a supercharger on a V-8--The faster you go, the faster you go. Spiciness makes you crave another hit of the cool drink, which is a little spicy, which makes you crave another hit of the cool drink...
I get that! But the simple beer, lime, salt and ice is delicious, and very poundable.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
I get that! But the simple beer, lime, salt and ice is delicious, and very poundable.
Like a Mexican version of a raddler. CHAMOY now that's a good addition. Seeing that I'm a dealer in cool summer treats, when I do shave ice I have the standard snow cap of sweetened condensed milk but I have also been using chamoy and tajin on the fruity flavors. The large Mexican influences around here have shave ice evolving into raspados. Mango/pineapple/lime... shaved ice with a sprinkle of tajin and drizzle of chamoy.

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
Like a Mexican version of a raddler. CHAMOY now that's a good addition. Seeing that I'm a dealer in cool summer treats, when I do shave ice I have the standard snow cap of sweetened condensed milk but I have also been using chamoy and tajin on the fruity flavors. The large Mexican influences around here have shave ice evolving into raspados. Mango/pineapple/lime... shaved ice with a sprinkle of tajin and drizzle of chamoy.
Can I get one or a dozen?

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
I'll be making a batch of chamoy later today, I'll post the recipe. I kinda wing it, I should really write this stuff down. But it's not that neon red junk, this is legit. I use apricot preserves, boiled and pureed dried ancho chilies, apple cider vinegar, Pico de Gallo seasoning, salt, then sugar till it looks syrupy enough.

Last edited: