College Football 2023

creekx

not crate trained
Posting about the Florida game made me realize that while the SEC is often hated on, the folks that hate SEC teams the MOST, are those that favor a team within the SEC... I'm well known as a Bama nutcase and I can't think of another SEC team I don't want to see lose, except maybe Vandy 'cause they are, well... Vandy.

And don't get me started on Tennessee. :)

Can't spell Citrus without U and T. The Cougs boat-raced them in Knoxville in '88 and it was glorious.

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Fresno State put a whooping on the Cougars in the bowl game, albeit WSU sitting a couple top players. Oregon State squeaked past FSU. I believe OSU and WSU would fit well in the Mountain West. Boise, San Diego and Fresno will give them all they can handle.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Fresno State put a whooping on the Cougars in the bowl game, albeit WSU sitting a couple top players. Oregon State squeaked past FSU. I believe OSU and WSU would fit well in the Mountain West. Boise, San Diego and Fresno will give them all they can handle.

I agree, but the financial hit would be brutal. Probably $25 million per year. If that happens, some very hard decisions will need to be made. Jobs and programs would likely be cut.
Jonathan Smith makes more as the head coach at OSU than each team gets from the MW conference TV contract.
SF

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
With a 21 point spread, I guess losing by 2 touchdowns instead if 3 will garner him a bunch of press, and nothing he likes more than a bunch of press.
😆🤣😆

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
How’s Coach Prime gonna do today?
I’m thinking it will be better than most believe
With a 21 point spread, I guess losing by 2 touchdowns instead if 3 will garner him a bunch of press, and nothing he likes more than a bunch of press.
😆🤣😆
know it’s still early in the game, but it could not have started any better for the Buffalo's in Ft Worth…opening three and out for TCU, followed by CO marching down the field with an opening drive td…

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Followed by a drive ending pick in the end zone…you couldn’t have scripted it any better…

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
Michigan fan here. Trying to watch the Michigan/East Carolina game on NBC's PEACOCK........... WTF...... Instead of commercials, the brain trust at NBC has decided to frequently interrupt the flow of the game with the same (very irritating) PEACOCK screen informing what has to be a diminishing audience that "Coverage Will Resume Shortly" with music designed to drive one crazY!!!!! Aaaagggghhhhhh. They've figured out a way to ruin the experience of watch college football on TV......

Could be just me.................😤🤬😖😡

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Michigan fan here. Trying to watch the Michigan/East Carolina game on NBC's PEACOCK........... WTF...... Instead of commercials, the brain trust at NBC has decided to frequently interrupt the flow of the game with the same (very irritating) PEACOCK screen informing what has to be a diminishing audience that "Coverage Will Resume Shortly" with music designed to drive one crazY!!!!! Aaaagggghhhhhh. They've figured out a way to ruin the experience of watch college football on TV......

Could be just me.................😤🤬😖😡
Spectrum and Disney are fighting so we got no ESPN or ABC. I plan on going fishing and listen on AM like the old days.

Mossback

Forum Supporter
In general I am a big fan of Big Bison, but in this case, I am not saying ' Go Bison !!'

Cannot pass on pulling for a Horned Frog...
:)

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Not a Deion fan, found him to be a loud mouthed show-off, but I have grudgingly come to believe the guy knows what he his doing, been pretty damned successful at everything he does and as such I find myself inexplicably rooting for him and the Bison.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Not a Deion fan, found him to be a loud mouthed show-off, but I have grudgingly come to believe the guy knows what he his doing, been pretty damned successful at everything he does and as such I find myself inexplicably rooting for him and the Bison.
I’m in the same boat…

Mossback

Forum Supporter
Funny...
I got some about a month ago, picked up 10# on a sale.
They're pretty good, especially with bacon, carmelized onions and some tomato.
:)

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Man, I miss the days when college stood for education instead of football. When a college coach makes $5,000,000 a year more than the most brilliant professor in his field there is something terribly terribly wrong. It seems we no longer learn from our mistakes.