NFR College Football 2022

Non-fishing related

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Not much to say about the Cougar game today except, why was a bowl named after a talk show host?…….
All bowl games have a sponser who pays to have this bowl game named after them
In this case it was JK
I thought he was funny when in the booth at the end of the halftime break.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Because the PAC-12 had several teams with good records and unfortunately they have assigned bowl games and that is where the Beavers fell. UW at 11-2 playing in the Alamo Bowl, if USC beats Utah in PAC 12 championship then UW gets Rose Bowl.
Washington was 10 and 2,

Snopro

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
What's the count on how many Neon Deion caused?

All the players with their scholarships rescinded leaving Colorado, and their replacements leaving Jackson State for Colorado. It has to be at least 30.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Just read that over 2300 players have entered the transfer portal
What a shit show
Imagine the head aches for the coaches
This is gonna create a new coaching/recruiting position, if some schools have not already. Besides tracking HS players you have to follow this recruiting avenue too, Its to much for one recruiting coordinator I believe. I also believe that there are many coaches that don't appreciate their players entering the transfer portal and then returning to the team as if nothing happened. Think you'll see more like what happened with colorado state and nevada reno too. Coach leaves Reno to Colorado St. and takes 11 players with him (think that was the number) It can decimate a school like Nevada Reno, lose 11 young starting caliber players, lose 10-15 players to graduation. Your 20 plus players in the hole starting the next year. Cale Millen, son of Hugh Millen was one of the players. He was slated to start for Reno in 22, but instead transferred to CSU and started.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This is gonna create a new coaching/recruiting position, if some schools have not already. Besides tracking HS players you have to follow this recruiting avenue too, Its to much for one recruiting coordinator I believe. I also believe that there are many coaches that don't appreciate their players entering the transfer portal and then returning to the team as if nothing happened. Think you'll see more like what happened with colorado state and nevada reno too. Coach leaves Reno to Colorado St. and takes 11 players with him (think that was the number) It can decimate a school like Nevada Reno, lose 11 young starting caliber players, lose 10-15 players to graduation. Your 20 plus players in the hole starting the next year. Cale Millen, son of Hugh Millen was one of the players. He was slated to start for Reno in 22, but instead transferred to CSU and started.
Man o man
Can’t say I like this in any way
Hard to build a program under these circumstances and how do you get any depth?

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Arkansas has 19 players opting out of their pointless bowl game
WTF
This seems stupid to me
So do coaches treat it like a spring game in a way? Prepping for next year instead of trying to stamp off on a high note?

Imagine the team who has their starting QB skip the bowl game and then their 2nd best qb has entered the transfer portal. They get a couple weeks to prepare with a kid who has been running scout team all year basically. Bowl games are not getting the best product. Fans are not seeing the best product.

creekx

not crate trained
Should students get scholarships if they enter the portal?
Well, the school they're transferring too will certainly offer them a schollie.

I've been a huge CFB fan for 40 years, but because of this shit-show I have one foot out the door. Schools like WSU, OSU, Cal, etc. just can't compete in this clusterfvck. I am OK with players getting their rightful piece of the pie thru the NIL, but the real issue is this everyone-is-a-free-agent BS. Go back to the old rule where transfers have to sit out a year unless they are released by their former team.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
So do coaches treat it like a spring game in a way? Prepping for next year instead of trying to stamp off on a high note?

Imagine the team who has their starting QB skip the bowl game and then their 2nd best qb has entered the transfer portal. They get a couple weeks to prepare with a kid who has been running scout team all year basically. Bowl games are not getting the best product. Fans are not seeing the best product.
Exactly