Closure of Washington coast and strait.

singlehandjay

Life of the Party
I just got an email from WDFW saying that Washington coast and strait are closed to fishing with no specifics on what or exactly where and what is left open. I would post the email but don't know how to

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Hmm....only closure I've heard about was the coastal river steelhead closure at the end of the month. Haven't seen anything else announced.

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Kilchis

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Wow! You wouldn't think angling for bottomfish would endanger steelhead, but the notice does say “all.”

WDFW) today announced a full closure to all sport fishing throughout the Washington Coast and the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Wow! You wouldn't think angling for bottomfish would endanger steelhead, but the notice does say “all.”

WDFW) today announced a full closure to all sport fishing throughout the Washington Coast and the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

Just a mix up no doubt. Title specifies steelhead. Article is focused entirely on steelhead. Just that one section at the beginning that seems to be mixed up.

B

bennysbuddy

How soon are they going to close down all skinny water that dumps in to Puget Sound. And then raise prices on Licenses. You can almost bet that it's coming.
We can all go to Montana & overwhelm that state with stupidity

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
This stuff that the fish and game people are doing is like shutting the barn door after the horses got out, Or listening to the Indians about their 50% of the fish. It should be that if the runs are depleted then the Indians should take less. Instead of all the fish. They shut down the rivers, net the hell out of them and then tell you to quit fishing for Steelhead. Since I moved away your fishing has gone to hell.

They should of started this program about 20 years ago. If they did you probably would have a few fish to catch. As it stands now the people that pay taxes bear the whole program.