Christmas Haul Thread.

MT_Flyfisher

Life of the Party
Technically, I didn’t get it for Christmas since I’ve had it for more than 30 years, but I never took it out of my rod rack, cleaned it up, and discovered just what it was until Christmas Eve.

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image0.jpeg

My father-in-law had this rod in the attic at their summer home on Chautauqua Lake in New York State for at least 30 years before I got it. Before that it belonged to my wife’s grandfather. I believe it’s a boat rod, and considering its age it is in very good condition and may never have been used. It’s over 100 years old, and was made by the legendary Edward Vom Hofe. (More on him, copied from the internet)

IMG_3636.jpeg

IMG_3635.jpeg

I AM STOKED! Happy holidays to everyone.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
The only haul I wanted for Christmas was watching my grandson pass out gifts to his parents and us, and then dig in and open his gifts. That's priceless, and could only be made better if the other two grandsons were here as well. We try a little Facetime with them, but I have tinninitus, so if more than one person is speaking at a time, I pretty much don't understand anything being said. So they show me some of there gifts over the camera phone, which is jerking around like a drunk jackrabbit. I get a few laughs since most of the conversation is lost in translation.

As for gifts, I think I'm going to like this waterproof OPST waist pack for fishing gear that Mrs. Salmo, or Santa, thinks I need. But best of all is the kindling splitter my sister gave me. It's an ingenius little devise with an upended splitting blade that you pound larger sticks of cedar or fir on. It was invented by a 12 year old girl in New Zealand and is made in Australia. That looks to be a winner.

RCF

Life of the Party
I received nothing gift-wise. Same for my wife.

This year I built a 2 car carport for the kids. Helped our oldest daughter with a down payment on her new Crosstrek. Gave our youngest daughter a low mileage 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid.

Our gift we received is no longer paying for their insurance and licensing fees.

Last edited: