Chasing salmon flies

Traveled to Montana to meet up with Wayne and Swimmy for some trout fishing using salmon fly (large adult stone fly) imitations. This is what the natural looks like:

thumbnail_DSC_0484.jpg

A little closer look:

thumbnail_DSC_0407.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0170.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0170.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 1688927992723.jpeg
    1688927992723.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 1688928044087.jpeg
    1688928044087.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 1688928295245.jpeg
    1688928295245.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 38

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
With Salmo's aversion to the predawn light, Swimmy and I figured out we could get a whole drift in before picking him up at the next takeout.
If that's not respecting your elders, then...

I just had to type elders three time before getting it right! edlers, edkers, eders. I think I just found one of my aversions.

Swimmy's wife sent us a picture about sheep docking...wanted to make sure we weren't involved. Apparently it's a right of passage for young men in her small Wyoming home town.

You can do your own google search

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
In the same vein of "missing"; Flybill and Jojo?:unsure:
Not sure about Flybill. Hope he didn't drown in all that Kentucky bourbon he brought home this spring! Jojo doesn't fish any more, due partly to her arthritic hands, and she just didn't feel like she fit in here. I disagreed because she brought so many personality quirks that contributed a lot of life to this forum.

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Not sure about Flybill. Hope he didn't drown in all that Kentucky bourbon he brought home this spring! Jojo doesn't fish any more, due partly to her arthritic hands, and she just didn't feel like she fit in here. I disagreed because she brought so many personality quirks that contributed a lot of life to this forum.
I enjoyed JoJo’s perspective and input. Hope she reconsiders……