Central OR Trip Report - Photo Heavy

Headed over the pass
OR 1.jpg
Stopped at the finest rest stop in the state
OR 2.jpg
First day - hit a tailwater to the east. Caught copious amounts of dinks with my pops. Nothing over 12". Good times, but I can only do one day a year here.
OR 3.jpg
OR 4.jpg
Next we hit a park spot in tomato town on the D. Beautiful water and no biters.
OR 5.jpg
OR 6.jpg
The following day we hit a section of the D near the eagles nest below the falls. This section fished pretty darn good but the hike in and out was a lot to manage as a pair. Got into some nice browns mid day.
OR 7.jpg
OR 8.jpg
OR 9.jpg
OR 12.jpg
Post 1 of 2

Yardus

Secret Squirrel
Hit some balls for a relaxing day off.
OR 13.jpg
Headed down a little lower on the D near the not so hot springs. Fishing was off the hook here. Some real quality fish came to hand in a couple hours on the day, nymphing Pat's rubber legs. Had to cut it short because the wife had to pee :censored: if you know the spot you know there was no chance of it happening here.
OR 15.jpg
OR 16.jpg
some fish pics
OR 14.jpg
OR 17.jpg
OR 18.jpg
OR 19.jpg
Headed back home wishing I had a few more days of this...
OR 20.jpg

DFG

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Hit some balls for a relaxing day off.
View attachment 12668
Headed down a little lower on the D near the not so hot springs. Fishing was off the hook here. Some real quality fish came to hand in a couple hours on the day, nymphing Pat's rubber legs. Had to cut it short because the wife had to pee :censored: if you know the spot you know there was no chance of it happening here.
View attachment 12669
View attachment 12670
some fish pics
View attachment 12671
View attachment 12672
View attachment 12673
View attachment 12674
Headed back home wishing I had a few more days of this...
View attachment 12675
Was that a Pat's Stone/Jimmy Legs in the net?

Yardus

Secret Squirrel
yes sir. The last 30min I was hooking up every second or third cast before my chain got yanked. Got into some real footballs that were approaching 20" and saw backing a few times.

The only down side on the day was the potential spot burn. The place isn't much of a secret, but being a Saturday, there were a couple of boats prepping to launch along with a dozen people watching me hook fish after fish in the run.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Great report, and no spot burning. That looks like my typical weekend visiting friends in Redmond, although I also try to get over to the Met.

Curious why you can only do the tailwater once a year. I'd get over there once a week if possible. Last time I was over there got into a bunch of dinky smolts, with their crazy tuna-like tail beating in the net and in hand.

Yardus

Secret Squirrel
Thanks Phil. Don't get me wrong, the place is beautiful and the fishing is totally awesome. Catching a hundred + 10" fish a day makes me feel a little dirty after a while ;) I think the biggest fish I've hooked there might have been a solid 14". That said I usually just pound the beginners hole. Might be missing the boat on better fish down stream...

The Met on the other hand always kicks my ass...