Cedar River - Rainbow Bend Restoration Project

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
I've been meaning to post about this since I drive by it on my commute to work - just been too lazy to stop and take photos.

The transformation is pretty amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks as the planting grows in and matures.

I've been meaning to post about this since I drive by it on my commute to work - just been too lazy to stop and take photos.

The transformation is pretty amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks as the planting grows in and matures.

That’s great! I wish they could spend some of my money on enforcing illegal fishing and poaching. Hell, I’d even pay more taxes if I got what I was paying for.😆

cedarslug

Steelhead
Looks great, and seems to be a good investment for the fish and environment. I did not follow the process of moving the residents out of the area, and hope that was a smooth and fair process.

I do know that the asphalt plant was approved, and planned to be built near the river. How is that shaking out? I have seen the Save the Cedar update - https://www.savethecedarriver.org/

Reactions: Zak

cedarslug

Steelhead
That’s great! I wish they could spend some of my money on enforcing illegal fishing and poaching. Hell, I’d even pay more taxes if I got what I was paying for.😆

While the river was still C&R, I remember fishing it one year, and catching some nice fish. Went back to the same spot the following week, and didn't do as well. I look over my shoulder as I was about to head out, and I see this skinny shirtless kid walking along the bank, carrying 2 really nice fish in one hand and a baitcaster in the other. I waved at the kid, and he walked back into a home that was on the river. Guess I know where all the fish went

Zak

Legend
Looks great, and seems to be a good investment for the fish and environment. I did not follow the process of moving the residents out of the area, and hope that was a smooth and fair process.

I do know that the asphalt plant was approved, and planned to be built near the river. How is that shaking out? I have seen the Save the Cedar update - https://www.savethecedarriver.org/
Currently in litigation.

Richard J

Just Hatched
I live about a mile from the river and care very much about its future prospects as a quality fishery. There is no doubt in my mind the cutthroat and rainbow trout populations will continue to decrease as long as law enforcement and their presence remains the same. It almost doesn’t exist. 😠

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
I live about a mile from the river and care very much about its future prospects as a quality fishery. There is no doubt in my mind the cutthroat and rainbow trout populations will continue to decrease as long as law enforcement and their presence remains the same. It almost doesn’t exist. 😠
Same here. I'm up the hill in the Spring Lake area. Super concerned about the asphalt plant.

However... after living here two years (almost 30 in Seattle area), I still haven't actually fished in the Cedar, just hiked around watching the water go by and biking the trail. I have plans to spend a little more time down there this year, maybe float some stretches in my Commander.