Carp question

Bass-O-Matic

Life of the Party
I saw a pelican scoop up an adult carp on the Columbia. The lighting was such I could easily see the fish in its stretched pouch as it flew off. The head and bill/pouch were steady in flight but its body was going side to side to maintain some balance and get up to speed. Never would have thought they could handle such a big fish. I guess it's the price you can pay for hanging out and sunning on the surface.IMG_0030.JPG

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
On that topic... My carp fly box is getting sparse. Anyone here want to batter or just plain sell me some of your ties? Figured I'd check before going shopping.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Pat (or anyone else), what do you use to cut the foam discs? I'm getting ready to fill my carp box, and want to tie a bunch of these. In another thread you mentioned some kind of punch.

Thanks
204 Ruger casing, sharpened with a (help me, here, Jim) chainsaw file on the inside of the casing:
IMG_3759.jpg
I use a soft pine board beneath the foam (I probably won't use that oddly coloured concotion in the picture but it serves a purpose to remind me of how to keep the foam in place.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
204 Ruger casing, sharpened with a (help me, here, Jim) chainsaw file on the inside of the casing:
View attachment 110008
I use a soft pine board beneath the foam (I probably won't use that oddly coloured concotion in the picture but it serves a purpose to remind me of how to keep the foam in place.
Perfect, thanks. I think I have some casing lying around.