Car guys and gals??

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
There is only reason to have a car/truck (fishing rig) is to get from point A to point fishing

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I have to ask: Hole shots? Just kidding - sort of. Is this truck your rally rig where you slowly work the rig through off road courses or? What's the range (fuel tank)? What a beast (or Brute?)!
High Dive 2.jpg
It can do this...Hummer Hill 1.jpg
Or climb this...fuel tank 2.jpg
Originally with the 20 gal racing fuel cell, it had about 140 mile range, which required carrying three 4 gal rotopaxes wherever I went. I resolved that range issue by having a custom 60 gal tank fabricated. With twin Walbro fuel pumps, the Hellcat can get thirsty when you stomp on the skinny pedal...I still get a grin when entering an onramp to the freeway and watching the trailer rigs moving over, only to see a blur as I get in front long before they make the lane change...sort of like the Enterprise when it engages warp drive...

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
There is only reason to have a car/truck (fishing rig) is to get from point A to point fishing
So, this is Brute. It started life as a 2014 four door Wrangler. I couldn't wait for Jeep to build their long rumored pickup, so I had one built. AEV added 23" of frame, closed off the storage area of the cab, and added a 5' composite bed. I added a 5.7 hemi, XD60 axles with ARB lockers, King coilovers & air bumps, 40" tires on 17" beadlocks. It started life as a trail rig, but slowly progressed as a camping/fishing rig...adding a 19 gal aux tank to increase range to 400 miles, rooftop tent, awning and 50 qt 12 volt fridge, fly rod holder..B1.JPGIMG_8570.JPGR11.JPG.FL 3.JPG7 Mile Rim.JPG

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Man you build some cool stuff Brute!

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
Dang Brute….those are some killer bad ass rides! Hellcat powered…gotta love that! I rode in a Hellcat Challenger and still remember my stomach in my throat when it launched……wow! Keep ‘em coming, lots of awesome toys out there….

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Looks like a fun truck project. I got 1.1L, somewhere around 55 hp, and 5.5" of clearance. It was a total POS, but rust free, and took me about 10 years as a rolling restoration. Paint/body work came last.
20210518_141025.jpg20210518_135646.jpg
20210518_133859.jpg
20190320_133354.jpg

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
MGTOM, beautiful car! You got me on the corners but…..I’ll have an edge on the straightaways!
You'll probably have the edge everywhere, I just don't drive hard anymore. It's serviceable bamboo transportation, British boo of course, when the weather is right.
20210518_135930.jpg

fatbillybob

Steelhead
Ok...and bamboo rod box on either side of the bamboo flat deck for flyrods fully assembled...think Ram boxes on ram trucks but cooler!

Have no pictures, but my first car was a '64 GTO.
My most memorable was a '64 Falcon Sprint, 351 Windsor, Edelbrock intake manifold, Holley double-pumper, Hooker headers, Autolite dual point distributor, Ford 4-speed top loader and 9" Ford differential. Car was an absolute beast.

Wow joe….I’ll bet you wish you had one of those cars today……
The friend I bought the car from (actually both cars now that I think about it) called me this year to see if I knew where the GTO was and the last time I saw it, it was up on blocks one block over from my childhood home, about fifty years ago.
Sold the Falcon back to him and the next time I talk to him will ask about it's history.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
The friend I bought the car from (actually both cars now that I think about it) called me this year to see if I knew where the GTO was and the last time I saw it, it was up on blocks one block over from my childhood home, about fifty years ago.
Sold the Falcon back to him and the next time I talk to him will ask about it's history.
My dad had a Falcon with a small block Windsor…it was pretty snappy…

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
wish I had a couple of my Mom's rides...that 95# woman was heavy footed all the way to the end, driving way too fast in a V-8 Lexus in her 90s...my fave a copper 53' Merc coupe with flathead V-8 when we were kids, chirping the tires on demand..she had a bunch, her funnest to drive a 71' Jensen Interceptor with a 440, torque beast..held onto that one for a long time, would ask me to come by and blow it out once in a while...was happy to oblige
1701211664744.png