Cant fix stupid!

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Normally Hank bugs me—right up there with the Huge Fly Fisherman guy—but here he’s spot on.

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Apologies if this one has been posted already. Go to the 1:45 mark when the stupid really reaches its peak…..
You’ll have to watch it on YouTube.
SF

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
In the video Brian posted above, there's a guy running with a kid in his arms chasing after a bear. That's good stuff right there.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
We may not be able to fix stupid, but nature will in a hurry.

We rescued a Darwin candidate on a paddleboard a few months back. Lost paddle, no lifejacket, close to the shipping lane between Marrowstone and Whidbey.

Sadly, not the first person I've saved in similar circumstances.

Favorite one was a person I never saw. Marine radio lit up about three adult males in a yellow rubber raft a mile or so southeast of Fort Ward.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
We may not be able to fix stupid, but nature will in a hurry.

We rescued a Darwin candidate on a paddleboard a few months back. Lost paddle, no lifejacket, close to the shipping lane between Marrowstone and Whidbey.

Sadly, not the first person I've saved in similar circumstances.

Favorite one was a person I never saw. Marine radio lit up about three adult males in a yellow rubber raft a mile or so southeast of Fort Ward.

I was lucky enough on last Monday to get an invite to go fishing with @Scudley Do Right on his boat. Thanks again for the invite Nick!
It was choppy with low light conditions and a guy in a gray wetsuit was riding the waves at West Point while lying down on his SUP. No PFD either. Really stupid as any oncoming boat would have had a difficult time seeing him in the chop and low light conditions.
SF

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
I'm curious, was there any acknowledgement on their part of the poor decision making?

Had a run in with a guy who had made some bad decisions and we helped him out, and it was as if he wasn't aware that his poor choices were why he was in the situation he was in. And that his situation was COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE. It was more like he was just chalking it up to bad luck. Blew my mind a little bit.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'm curious, was there any acknowledgement on their part of the poor decision making?

Had a run in with a guy who had made some bad decisions and we helped him out, and it was as if he wasn't aware that his poor choices were why he was in the situation he was in. And that his situation was COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE. It was more like he was just chalking it up to bad luck. Blew my mind a little bit.
Not really. They lamented not using a paddle leash(?) but I couldn’t get it to stick that the Puget Sound isn’t to be messed with.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
In the video Brian posted above, there's a guy running with a kid in his arms chasing after a bear. That's good stuff right there.
I don't want the bear to "fix stupid" if it is going to be killed for attacking any of those morons to protect the cubs :mad:.

I know it will never come to pass but I think the park should start requiring every visitor to watch a video; maybe even take a test about wildlife ettiquete. After watching the video the visitor gets a card to show at the gate on future trips.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
An old video. 5 yrs ago?