C&R record steelhead

GOTY

Steelhead
I literally cut and pasted Kyriacos Panayiotou into google and a page of George Michael information was displayed. I know that the names aren't exactly the same but it's good enough for google.

Apparently, Kyriacos Panayiotou the flyfisherman does not have the pop culture clout to overcome Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou (George Michael) the singer on the google machine. Who woulda thought that?

View attachment 88366
I am far more jealous of that hair on Georgios Kyriacos
than I am a dead CnRd fish by Kyriacos.

EB590

Steelhead
It's a way bigger steelhead than anything I'll ever catch. But I'm more impressed the guy has the same name as George Michael.

FlyGuy

Just Hatched
Forum Supporter
I'm surprised to learn that a 41" fish is a record for the Clearwater. That would be what... like 21 lbs in prime, fed-up condition? (Probably 19 in current condition.) Granted, that's a heck of a fish (beats my best by a mile), but isn't the Clearwater legendary for giant summer runs (to the mid-20s)? Maybe everything bigger has been bonked?
B-run fish are the larger of the two runs. Are they considered summer run? I have fished the Clearwater for almost 20 years... Never spoken to anyone that referenced the runs other than A-run or B-run... Just trying to understand?

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
B-run fish are the larger of the two runs. Are they considered summer run? I have fished the Clearwater for almost 20 years... Never spoken to anyone that referenced the runs other than A-run or B-run... Just trying to understand?
A-run fish spend one winter in the ocean and B-runs spend two or more winters in the ocean. They are both considered summer runs.