Beats working on a sunny Friday afternoon…

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Took a half day to meet with a contractor on some work I need done on my house. Was done in 45 minutes so thought what the hell, I should go fishing and headed to a local year around lake.

71076A15-B16C-414C-A7F7-594E3329EC6C.jpeg

EAFA44FD-4A36-4226-8D78-C77303C7D572.jpeg

7AAD508A-011B-4A69-86F1-00B805C08F91.jpeg

Nothing huge as would be expected from this lake. 5 landed, 3 little bows most likely recently stocked and a couple of better cutthroat over a couple of hours. Lost a couple of others that seemed to be in the same class. I’ll take it for a last second decision outing.

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter
Took the, new to me, pram to a Thurston Co. lake today (no not Munn) and had one of my best days yet. Solid midge hatch all day long as the fish were looking up. Started with black leech, nothing. Changed to a small white clouser which produced a little action. Some of the midge were big and there was some sipping going on, so I put a hares ear soft hackle on. It was the one. Used it all day with my type 5 line. Wished I had an intermediate line as the type 5 would get too deep so I'd have to strip it in immediately. Can't complain as it did work. Used an indicator pegged at only 6 ft coming in, and got the fish of the day on it, with a zebra..

Islander

Life of the Party
Nothing better than a non planned fishing trip. Looks like you made great use of a little extra time!