NFR Baseball 2023

Non-fishing related
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter

Hope springs eternal!!

Royals and Mariners face each other in the LCS this year, showcasing 2 of the brightest young stars in the game. Of course, Royals win in 7 to move to the WS, which they win in 6 (you heard it here first).

Yeah, I'm board!!

Cheers

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
MLB analysis and other so called experts are saying the Mariners are rated 15th for best position players/fielding and hitting. I didn’t listen long enough to hear report on pitching (which is a definite strength). But basically the 23’ analysis preseason report is that the M’s work out to be slightly above average. If true many things will have to go their way. They are counting on some players to return to previous form, and those who had break out seasons to continue. Started to think….. well yeah. Only a couple teams basically buy their way in to the playoffs….. most teams essentially catch a wave of luck and good fortune to make the playoffs. Someone always steps up, someone revives their career with great numbers, some pitcher discovers a 2-seam and the team basically backs in to the playoffs. Then anything can happen. Because it’s baseball. In any given 9 innings anyone can win. Or 18 innings?

Canuck from Kansas

Forum Supporter
Hell yes @Canuck from Kansas !
Great call! I'm stoked for baseball and the end of hockey. Best time of year for sports for me.

Are you gonna be able to get to any MLB games out in your neck of the woods?

Yup, I get the full NLB network. I can watch my Royals from anywhere, even watch the Mariners if the Royals aren't playing (became a Mariners fan when I lived in Vancouver, BC, that is, during the 80's/early 90's - made a few trips to the Kingdome and saw Griffey Jr in Bellingham).

Cheers

Canuck from Kansas

Forum Supporter
Last edited:

RCF

Life of the Party
You called me out? I call you out...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I don't know guys.....all this clock bullshit seems a little contrived......Although I can do both, I don't like to hurry or multi-task but rather prefer to live life at a more sedate pace. I have always felt that being in a constant hurry mode shortened people's lives by adding unnecessary stress to the daily routine. Now they want to compress baseball games into a uniform time slot that is conducive to more TV revenue. I have watched it for 2 days now and am uncomfortable with the sense of urgency to meet time restraints.

I do like the new infield rules with the uniform dirt areas around the league and the larger bases are good idea that will add to safety. But fat-assed umpires that are out of shape and still don't know how big/small the plate is will continue to muddy the water around home plate. There should be some competency requirement to retain the job of umpire but there is none. I give you Angel Hernandez

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Is one of the new rules that the pitcher can only go to first ( holding the runner) two times? That sounds a little strange to me.
Anyone?

Canuck from Kansas

Forum Supporter
Edit:
I just looked it up
Two disengagements per batter
I think a crafty base runner could take advantage of this

I don't like the rule, but this one may be interesting, you may actually see upticks in actual pickoff outs as runners try to extend a lead trying to draw those 2 throws, after which, no holding them back. We'll see.

Oh, and those Royals, 2-0 so far in Cactus League.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.