Non-Fly Aug 22 - 27 Tuna roll call

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Looking like this week is going to have some windows for us!

I'm hemming and hawing about Newport vs Garibaldi right now on Saturday. Kind of leaning toward Garibaldi as of this morning.

@NorthPlainsDrifter - I think you should join me out there so we can buddy boat it :D

I am diffidently going Saturday, as long as nothing changes. Hoping someone gets out before Saturday to provide us with a little intel. I'm trying to get a couple more boats to join us, would love for you to head out with us.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I am diffidently going Saturday, as long as nothing changes. Hoping someone gets out before Saturday to provide us with a little intel. I'm trying to get a couple more boats to join us, would love for you to head out with us.
Hopefully @Tuna Ball can find a ride, too. We kinda botched his chance to go with me.

Now I just need to find a dogsitter since my wife/step son are going to be out of town.

We will hopefully get a few new shots before then, but here's my current area I'm eying. Run out and head NW (mostly N) then back down.
1692543900478.png

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
@Tuna Ball @Evan B I am diffidently going Saturday, Jeff you're invite on my boat and I'll be in touch. Evan, are you still thinking of going out of Garibaldi? I would love to run with you.
Well as of the current forecast, I'm definitely going. But after reviewing the most recent chloro shot available on Nanoos, seems tuna are likely 10-15mi closer out of CR than Garibaldi now. I'm going to base my decision on how things are looking mid/late week with Chloro and reports.

Lookin at about 50mi for anything out of Garibaldi it seems vs about 40 for CR.

1692631949342.png

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Let's do it. Count me in! It would be nice if the blue water moves in a bit before then.
Upon further review, if I can't get any other buddy boats to team up with out of CR, I can stick to the GB plan. I'd end up running about the same distance anyways based on where the fish always seem to be out of CR. Would be nice to have a team effort.

Tuna Ball

Steelhead
Upon further review, if I can't get any other buddy boats to team up with out of CR, I can stick to the GB plan. I'd end up running about the same distance anyways based on where the fish always seem to be out of CR. Would be nice to have a team effort.

Besides, out of GB you won't have the ITC tourney traffic to worry about.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Looks like it's happening :D

Fish are much closer out of CR, but I think Garibaldi will have a few less boats and sounds like fish are there too. So gonna head NW to that first blue bit that comes inside the 125 and go north from there. Hopefully won't need to go far.

Forecast is shaping up to be a glassy ocean, so that longer commute should feel a bit shorter if I can run 30mph 😎

since when does 124.47 really mean 124 degrees and 47 minutes? If you go on any mapped site it is either decimal or minutes with .47 meaning 47/100 of 60 minutes, or 28.2 minutes.