NFR Anyone know...

Non-fishing related

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
... what this thing is?

Wife and I went for an off trail hike and we ended up in this meadow on the east slope of the Cascades (those are Corn Lilies emerging in the background). We came across this, and thought maybe it was one of those geo-caching things, but I've seen others and this one didn't resemble those.

I had a brief thought of pulling on that finger looped cable, but thought the better of it. Anyone know?

1712857932835.png

1712857967691.png

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
... what this thing is?

Wife and I went for an off trail hike and we ended up in this meadow on the east slope of the Cascades (those are Corn Lilies emerging in the background). We came across this, and thought maybe it was one of those geo-caching things, but I've seen others and this one didn't resemble those.

I had a brief thought of pulling on that finger looped cable, but thought the better of it. Anyone know?

View attachment 110299

View attachment 110300
Looks to me like a groundwater monitoring site. But no ID tag? Hum.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Good thing you didn't touch it...those damn aliens have been trapping and releasing in your neck of the woods. You'd have been wandering around dazed, wearing a strange ankle bracelet, and experiencing an inexplicable rectal itch if you'd fallen for this old trick.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
Good thing you didn't touch it...those damn aliens have been trapping and releasing in your neck of the woods. You'd have been wandering around dazed, wearing a strange ankle bracelet, and experiencing an inexplicable rectal itch if you'd fallen for this old trick.
I figured I might run in to someone here with personal experience with one of these things.

I'm sorry about your condition Krusty... 😄

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
I figured I might run in to someone here with personal experience with one of these things.

I'm sorry about your condition Krusty... 😄
No worse than my regular weekend in Vegas that doesn't involve aliens.

Last edited: