any one else going to be at Lenice?

dep

Steelhead
while the lake did not disappoint, I would say it is still a bit too warm and I'll wait till November when the fish have their feedbags on.
it was a smoky, hazy, still day - with an occasional light wind. lots of crud on the surface. I fished subsurface all day with small bugs and landed at least a dozen and lost that many by the boat. I could not figure out a consistent pattern to put a hurt on the fish. there were probably 7 other people on the water and from I saw, no one was dialed in.
Stayed in Desert Aire for the evening and was able to catch the end of the M's and then watched the Cougs at R place tavern,, The bonus was that my daughter and her boyfriend met me so we got to hang out for the evening.
I was not interested in doing Lenice again on Sunday, so we trekked to Rocky Ford for a late morning bite. her boyfriend really wanted to wet a line. and that's all we did, got our lines wet. Lots of weeds and not many fish in the system. we fished for an hour and went our separate ways.

Fun trip.

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
Don't know if it's still the case, but late summer days we'd fish Lenice at night with our headlamps. Cool to hear the Coyotes howl, the Owls hooting and the Bats chasing your flies when you cast. If the big Browns are still in there, that's when you have a good chance to latch into one. I hooked some beasts at night in the seep lakes on big streamers. The added benefit was that it was all near-surface action and the takes sounded like a toilet flushing.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Sad to see what used to be a great lake and still considered a "quality lake" has become, especially with no browns or tigers.
SF