Another thing I do with my free time is write music

Ian Broadie

Smolt
Forum Supporter
I called this one Triumphant because it sounds like it's from some sort of I've overcome this stuff theme :) Most of my SoundCloud stuff is out dated but I this is pretty new..ish at least this batch of tweaks. Triumphant

I'll come through occasionally and add something else, this one is called Lunar Solace

Anyone else play music? Genre is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Slick production on that track, Ian! Impressive.
I have been writing songs ever since I got a guitar at 13. Actually, I remember making up tunes on a little 2 octave toy Casio keyboard when I was probably 7 or 8. Then I was in rock bands my whole life, of and on, playing guitar, bass, and then drums (drummers are usually in demand). Mostly original stuff but of course we fooled around with covers. And then I had kids. Miss it.

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
I’ve been getting back into playing with others. Music was my “thing” until I was about 25. Now I’m doing Dad band, low stakes stuff. One group is bluegrass/string band vibe with me on bass and two singers/multi instruments players. We go by the Chuckar Pluckers :p Pre Covid we played out about once a month. Last year we had 2 gigs.

In the down time I started playing with a good drummer and two guitar players who sing. I’m the youngest player. This group is doing covers of quirky classic rock from the 60’s onwards. Fun to do the rock band thing again. I’m hopeful we’ll get opportunities to play out this summer.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I do all of the guitar and bass playing and I use plugin's by a company call TuneTrack for the piano and drums
Nice. A few months ago a garage rock song came into my head, almost fully formed. "It's so fvcked up the way you let me down." I used garage band on my phone for the first time ever to get it down. Had to play all super quiet because it was late and everyone was sleeping. It is hard to play garage rock drums quietly, so the demo sucks.

Ian Broadie

Smolt
Forum Supporter
Slick production on that track, Ian! Impressive.
I have been writing songs ever since I got a guitar at 13. Actually, I remember making up tunes on a little 2 octave toy Casio keyboard when I was probably 7 or 8. Then I was in rock bands my whole life, of and on, playing guitar, bass, and then drums (drummers are usually in demand). Mostly original stuff but of course we fooled around with covers. And then I had kids. Miss it.
I've also been doing bands since I was... how old? I'm 50 now so I can't really remember how long :)

Thank you for the comment on production, I'm pretty new to the whole engineering side of music and I've also become very familiar with the difference between playing in a band or just playing music and recording music. Recording expose so much and they make you so conscious of every little detail that one can cover up during rehersal or playing live.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
I write poetry and many know that. I collaborate with a guy known as Crane. He is now a composer and multi instrumentalist. I written about 7 or 800 poems. Some of those were recomposed by me working with several different musician/ composers. Crane and I have about 20 songs. We have gotten some airplay and are out here on the net.

kAVm6h52WlE

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
All the work we have produced is under the name Euphorias Destination. Crane plays all and produces edits the works in his studio. I just write poetry and if he sees potential or interest in something I work with him on converting through further editing for music.

Ian Broadie

Smolt
Forum Supporter
All the work we have produced is under the name Euphorias Destination. Crane plays all and produces edits the works in his studio. I just write poetry and if he sees potential or interest in something I work with him on converting through further editing for music.
That's really cool, I dig the late 60's early 70's vibe.

Ian Broadie

Smolt
Forum Supporter

Ian Broadie

Smolt
Forum Supporter
I have not uploaded anything in a while and I've been working this one for a bit and I like this version, it's called Waves

Oh and none of my songs currently have vocal tracks because no one wants to hear me sing :D

Ian Broadie

Smolt
Forum Supporter
I have found that if one uses veed.io to create a mp4 and then upload a song to YouTube it sounds much better than SoundCloud. This is a new song with a heavier twist to it called Dark Matter Entity