A much needed addition to the Casa with some real potential.

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yesterday I received a new multi-functional awning device for the back of the Casa. It has the strange name of HREFEU, pronouncing it is anybody's guess. It provides a generous area at the rear for shade, privacy and rain protection, all of which were lacking before. It is wider and longer than expected giving me 80'' of width and over 90'' of depth in it's current configuration. The teardrop shape with it's corded fiberglass bows results in 9 feet of headroom, more than enough for the rear window to open without interference. It also has a rear panel that attaches to either the back or the sides depending on which side needs the most shade. It appears to be very well thought out and came with all the ropes and stakes needed for attachment. The stakes are decent steel pins with a plastic anchor loop. It also came with suction cups to attach it to the side of a vehicle but I threw those out with the packaging and am using some good lever actuated suction cups instead.

Like most products this will require some post purchase engineering to make it foolproof but the basic design is functional and it will be a great addition for wet or hot weather, I never had much shade before. I was looking for an awning that would work with the raised canopy on my truck which is 88'' tall at the rear and this appeared to be just perfect. I found it on Amazon for $99 and it had a $20 off gift certificate which made it a no brainer. At such a low price I expected flimsy aluminum poles but was surprised that it has fairly robust shock corded steel poles instead. Overall it is well engineered and carefully thought out. I don't think the stitching on it is the best but I'll keep an eye on it for potential weak spots. But shade and rain protection for under 100 bucks? I'll take it!

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
That’s quite the gizmo. When you sort it out I may get one too and copy your improvements…