NFR A Flag Gripe

Non-fishing related

Divad

Whitefish
First you had blue lines, then red for firefighters, green for military, yellow for dispatchers…why not orange for wildfire crews and purple for medical professionals to complete the spectrum?

My point and gripe is, that I do not think changing the flag as a medium for supporting a group is the right thing to do. I believe it’s disrespectful to our nations origin and all that have fought for its flight from then to now.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
First you had blue lines, then red for firefighters, green for military, yellow for dispatchers…why not orange for wildfire crews and purple for medical professionals to complete the spectrum?

My point and gripe is, that I do not think changing the flag as a medium for supporting a group is the right thing to do. I believe it’s disrespectful to our nations origin and all that have fought for its flight from then to now.
Red
Represents valor, hardiness, courage, and readiness to sacrifice. It may also represent the blood shed by those who have fought to protect the country.
White
Represents purity and innocence. It may also represent independence from other countries and holding true to ideals.
Blue
Represents vigilance, perseverance, justice, and the need to remain strong and watchful.
Stars
Represent the 50 states of the Union. A new star is added to the flag on July 4th after a new state enters the Union.
Stripes
Represent the original 13 Colonies.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Red
Represents valor, hardiness, courage, and readiness to sacrifice. It may also represent the blood shed by those who have fought to protect the country.
White
Represents purity and innocence. It may also represent independence from other countries and holding true to ideals.
Blue
Represents vigilance, perseverance, justice, and the need to remain strong and watchful.
Stars
Represent the 50 states of the Union. A new star is added to the flag on July 4th after a new state enters the Union.
Stripes
Represent the original 13 Colonies.

Your description of the colors meanings is excellent, but represents a very small fraction of the American people fortunately.
We at least from what I have observed a very weak, and self centered people. Very little bravery and self sacrifice going on.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Your description of the colors meanings is excellent, but represents a very small fraction of the American people fortunately.
We at least from what I have observed a very weak, and self centered people. Very little bravery and self sacrifice going on.
True (arguably), but those are still values that we should aspire to.