SFR $465 million - What would you do?

Sorta fishing-related

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Buy a ranch, either in Montana or Wyoming. It would have to have river frontage, several ponds, etc. I would open it to all PNWFF members (gratis) - would need to figure out a reservation system. Ideal would be near skiing.

This might fit the bill, but I would need to build a ranch house, and for 40 mil I would like more than a third of a section.

or maybe

Just dreaming of course (a little work avoidance).

Cheers

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
$465 million? First, hire somebody to manage it. Donate to charity and conservation work. Pay off kids' mortgages and set up an educational trust for grandkids. Suggest to Mrs. Salmo that she retire so we can take a nice vacation together. Stay at Canuck's MT ranch. Drink upper class wine like Brute and Mossback. Consider buying another fly rod - - just because.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
... did I mention if the ranch was in Montana I would grow me some dentil floss? 'Cause I would.

cheers

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
hold back a couple mil for grins..the rest invested into two ongoing trusts,one an educational trust for current and future generations in our expanded family, the other a trust donating to shelters that provide a roof, meals and protection for single mothers with children...the money in both those trusts would have a hella lot more impact on their lives than mine

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
I'd probably just keep buying fly fishing and tying stuff till it was gone...