Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter

Longs for Cutts

Freshly Spawned
The cost has gone up.
That's the same price as it has been since 2021. The last price increase before that was 2012. Park Service budgets are down about 25% overall since 2018 despite increased visitation. Yell at Congress for not appropriating enough money for America's Best Idea if you want lower gate and fishing license fees, or at least time travel back and shoot whoever dumped the lake trout in Yellowstone Lake in the mid-70s, since fighting them is where most permit fees go.

SpeyrodGB

Steelhead
That's the same price as it has been since 2021. The last price increase before that was 2012. Park Service budgets are down about 25% overall since 2018 despite increased visitation. Yell at Congress for not appropriating enough money for America's Best Idea if you want lower gate and fishing license fees, or at least time travel back and shoot whoever dumped the lake trout in Yellowstone Lake in the mid-70s, since fighting them is where most permit fees go.
I guess it’s been a few years since I purchased a park license. I have no doubt there has been an increase in visitation. It’s quite the popular place.