2023 Bluegill/Crappie/Sunfish showoff thread

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Great idea, lots of respect for the sunfish. Pumpkinseed.
20230428_sunfish1.jpg
White crappie female.
20230430_crisis.jpg
20230430_crappie.jpg
White crappie male
20230428_crappie1.jpg

Last edited:

Squatchin

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
@Josh thanks for the stoke dude! One local lake should be hot for gills right now. I may have to give that a go!

Theron

Keeper of the bees
Forum Supporter
For those of us in Western Washington (Whidbey Island) where are some good blue gill lakes within reasonable driving distance? I miss the farm ponds and small lakes of my Native Nebraska.

Islander

Life of the Party
For those of us in Western Washington (Whidbey Island) where are some good blue gill lakes within reasonable driving distance? I miss the farm ponds and small lakes of my Native Nebraska.
If you go “north island” over the bridge, to Fidalgo Island, there is Lake Campbell. It holds bass and at one time I remember people getting sunfish there also. It’s been several years though, but might be worth a try. Also hit I-5 and go north a bit to Martha, might find some in there.

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
I have yet to find a pond > 1/2 acre that doesnt have bluegill/sunfish in them. I'd chuck a little popper at the shoreline of any available water and I bet you'll hit.