NFR 2007 Triumph Bonneville

Non-fishing related

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
Testing the waters here before I put it up on Craigslist.

Very clean, freshly waxed and low mileage (6400, really). It’s the last year with carbs and airbox is removed with K&N’s installed. Bar end mirrors and tail rack. Soft luggage and spare tail pack. Triumph Off-road pipes, louder than stock. Rear pegs are off but still have them along with stock mirrors. Plexiglass cafe fairing. Tires are three years old. It’s a sweet bike but at 70 and no one to ride with it’s time to pass it on. $5,000 is where I’m started with it. Located in Everett.

IMG_7758.jpegIMG_7759.jpeg

Zak

Legend
Testing the waters here before I put it up on Craigslist.

Very clean, freshly waxed and low mileage (6400, really). It’s the last year with carbs and airbox is removed with K&N’s installed. Bar end mirrors and tail rack. Soft luggage and spare tail pack. Triumph Off-road pipes, louder than stock. Rear pegs are off but still have them along with stock mirrors. Plexiglass cafe fairing. Tires are three years old. It’s a sweet bike but at 70 and no one to ride with it’s time to pass it on. $5,000 is where I’m started with it. Located in Everett.

View attachment 71372View attachment 71373
What a gorgeous machine!

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
At $5K that is a steal for a great classic bike. But I am so happy to see you selling it. For years I have urged my friends that were over 60 to get rid of their bikes, they just don't have the reflexes at 60+ that they had a few years earlier. Too many elderly motorcyclist have gone down in the last few years trying futilely to retain some of the magic of their youth.

But all is not lost. If you still have that lust for the open sky and wind in your hair it is time to buy a Mazda Miata with a stick shift. This will be about the most fun you will ever have on 4 wheels and when it rains you just put the top up. And unlike Harley riders, you won't need a costume to drive it!

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Gorgeous ride, Roper . . . and a prudent-though-painful decision. I dreamed of having one of those when I was younger. Now that I'm 75, I'll keep dreaming.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
At 71 I am reluctant to give up my motorcycles. I fear deer collisions the most, where even the fastest reflexes may not be sufficient. I comfort myself with the fact that all of my friends who died/injured in motorcycle accidents were riding in groups, displaying foolish riding behavior, and generally wearing those dipshit non-DOT bad-boy helmets (or no helmet at all!). I think solo riding is significantly safer than riding with others, and the danger proportionally increases with the size of the group. Groups tend to tacitly discourage 'riding your own ride', especially among male motorcyclists.

Motorcycle riding is, however, an inherently hazardous activity....especially in an urban road environment.

Last edited:

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
At $5K that is a steal for a great classic bike. But I am so happy to see you selling it. For years I have urged my friends that were over 60 to get rid of their bikes, they just don't have the reflexes at 60+ that they had a few years earlier. Too many elderly motorcyclist have gone down in the last few years trying futilely to retain some of the magic of their youth.

But all is not lost. If you still have that lust for the open sky and wind in your hair it is time to buy a Mazda Miata with a stick shift. This will be about the most fun you will ever have on 4 wheels and when it rains you just put the top up. And unlike Harley riders, you won't need a costume to drive it!
Around my neck of the woods it’s almost obligatory for a retired guy to get a bike, more often than not a Harley. I’ve known 3 fatalities very well, none of the accidents were their fault. It seems like every week there’s another accident involving a motorcycle and usually not their fault.
As to Ive’s suggestion of a Miata, I couldn’t agree more but I’m biased, having owned one for 11 years. Absolutely the most reliable fun car I’ve owned, including big Austin Healeys, Triumph and Datsuns; and a big community out there for support.
You may be aware of the online auction site https://bringatrailer.com/motorcycles/
It is the place to sell at top dollar

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Around my neck of the woods it’s almost obligatory for a retired guy to get a bike, more often than not a Harley. I’ve known 3 fatalities very well, none of the accidents were their fault. It seems like every week there’s another accident involving a motorcycle and usually not their fault.
As to Ive’s suggestion of a Miata, I couldn’t agree more but I’m biased, having owned one for 11 years. Absolutely the most reliable fun car I’ve owned, including big Austin Healeys, Triumph and Datsuns; and a big community out there for support.
You may be aware of the online auction site https://bringatrailer.com/motorcycles/
It is the place to sell at top dollar
I most definitely agree that taking up motorcycle riding upon retirement is not recommended! The highest MC accident frequency occurs within the first six months of bike purchase, and even higher amongst those who don't enroll in a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course which often rapidly discloses who probably shouldn't be riding a motorcycle!).

Last edited:

Guy Gregory

Semi-retired
Forum Supporter
“But all is not lost. If you still have that lust for the open sky and wind in your hair it is time to buy a Mazda Miata with a stick shift. This will be about the most fun you will ever have on 4 wheels and when it rains you just put the top up”

I chose a Z3, after scaring the crap outa myself on a bike. No helmet or leathers, real hard to tip over, and a dandy can be found in the price range of your bike. That Triumph is sweet, though.