Search results

1. R

Carp & Mulberry Flies

Had some good luck with fishing for Carp with Mulberry flies last summer. Seeing a brown torpedo making a wake to the fly is a hoot. Forgot to mention-- All fish were caught on a Cortland 444 7 weight bamboo rod
  2. R

I like Ants

Been fishing a submerged Ant pattern lately with good results. Either alone of as a dropper off a Hopper.
  3. R

Who fishes Scuds?

Here in WI, I fish the Driftless Area pretty often. When I fish a Scud, it's usually a local favorite called the Patrick Scud. Anyone else like to fish a Scud?
  4. R

Pigsticker

Anyone here use the "Pigstisker"? I started tying it last year and it works well for me on a variety of fish. The red ones have had the most success. Got my tying info from a Charlie Craven video.
  5. R

Everglades Fishing

Was fortunate to be able to spend some time with Wifey in the Everglades a bit ago. Had a fun time with the Peacock Bass. They were pretty much everywhere in the canals along the roads. Tough fighting and aggressive fish, like Smallies on steroids. They hit most any minnow imitation.
  6. R

Spring time in the Driftless

Had a great start to both the trout and turkey season in the SW Wisconsin in the Driftless Area. Camped in a Buddy's hay field and listened to birds all day.