Search results

1. Wiznet

Glass vs tungsten beads

Hey guys! Curious why/when folks use glass vs tungsten beads on midge patterns. Thanks!
  2. Wiznet

Non-Fly Spring chinook guides

Hey all! Wondering if anyone has any guide recommendations for spring chinook on the Columbia River? Thanks!
  3. Wiznet

Wading boot laces

Does anyone have any good lace suggestions? I tried out the yakoda guide laces and they didnt even last 4 months before one of the laces split in two.
  4. Wiznet

Non-Fly Cured Roe

So I've been diving into the world of curing eggs for river fishing. I've got a few questions. 1. Do yall dry your cured eggs and what is the point of drying them? 2. The guys at the outdoor store talked about hot cures and sweet cures. Specifically in regards to scent. When do yall like to add...
  5. Wiznet

Non-Fly The Green (Duwamish) River

Figured I'd start a thread since its a fishable local river for many. How have folks done since the opener? Fished it this morning throwing pink jigs and floating some roe. No luck on either. Saw some fish roll at our second spot but none at our first.
  6. Wiznet

Non-Fly Bait scents: bullshit or not?

Hey guys! What’s your thoughts on bait scents and things like monster bite by pro cure? Specifically adding it to egg cures. Seems kinda like BS, but curious what you folks think
  7. Wiznet

Non-Fly Buzz bomb/Rotator Hooks

Hey guys! What hooks do you prefer with your buzz bombs/rotators? I've been using a size 1 siwash crimped on a swivel. Although my hook sets haven't been the best I've noticed. I was thinking of switching to a 1 octopus hook.
  8. Wiznet

Non-Fly Repainting rotators/buzz bombs

Hey all! What's your go to way of repainting buzz bombs and rotators? I've got a couple that are pretty scuffed up.
  9. Wiznet

Bug Collection

Hello! I've been interested in collecting/preserving bug samples from my local rivers. I've found a few guides online suggesting which medium to preserve them in and which bottles. But, I'm curious if anyone here has gone down this path. I'm also curious if it works on fully emerged bugs or if...
  10. Wiznet

Moving to Sacramento

Hello! I'll be moving down to Sacramento for two years as my girlfriend is doing her grad program down there. For those who have lived in and around, how's the fly fishing around there? Oh and any spots in and around sac we should avoid or move to/ Thanks!
  11. Wiznet

First time pressure canning

Hey all! I recently went shad fishing and decided to pressure can a few. I just had a few questions. (I canned for 120 minutes at 11 pounds) 1. We put them into the cans raw and added no liquid. We noticed when we took the jars out after canning, there is still some fish not covered in liquid...
  12. Wiznet

Small tungsten beads

Hey guys! Where do yall like to buy small tungesten beads? 1.5mm and 2mm? I'm in the Seattle area and none of the fly shops around here have 1.5mm and very slim pickings for 2mm. thanks!
  13. Wiznet

Kayak Fly Fishing

Hey guys, curious if there are any salt kayakers on the forum? I've been playing with the idea of getting a hobie or an oldtown to get out on the water. What have people's experiences been trying to fly fish/fish off of these in the sound?
  14. Wiznet

Fishing Iceland

Hello! I’ll be headed to Iceland this August. I was wondering if anyone had experience fly fishing there with or without an outfitter? Thinking of booking a day trip while I’m there. Thanks all!
  15. Wiznet

SRC Around Union/Hoodsport

Hello beautiful people! Glad to have switched over here, took me a while to figure out what happened! Anyway, I'll be in Union/Hoodsport this weekend with my girlfriend and have 0 ideas on opportunities for SRC around the area. Could any of you knowledgable folks enlighten me? Thanks all!