Search results

1. Wetswinger

Intermediate Line Technique

Cortland has a camo. Int. line on their web-site and others..
  2. Wetswinger

#Stopat200?

Correction...21,000 trout..
  3. Wetswinger

#Stopat200?

I'm not into the counting thing, but I must admit I was at a local Oly lake, last week, that they had stocked with 18,000 trout this Spring. I hate to say it, but I started getting bored after catching a trout on every f***ing cast. Started putting on my crap flies and they still took them...
  4. Wetswinger

Any beekeepers here?

Some local areas have bee clubs. Definitely a good way to go as they offer beginning classes and expert support. Can't impress on you how important it is to have a mentor. There's a lot to learn, especially with all the modern issues... https://bees.wsu.edu/wa-bee-associations/...
  5. Wetswinger

Intermediate Line Technique

Here's an informative video on basic techniques for those new to intermediate lines on the lake...enjoy.
  6. Wetswinger

Intermediate Line

My new intermediate line doesn't sink. It wants to float in sections before it starts sinking. Annoying. Hoping it gets dirty or something and starts working. Any pointers on getting it to work.
  7. Wetswinger

Intermediate Line

I use an intermediate line for panfish. It stays in the "zone" along the weed bed, longer than a heavier line. You can adjust the depth of the fly, by using a beadhead when needed.
  8. Wetswinger

Intermediate Line

https://www.cortlandline.com/blogs/cortland-stories/neutral-density-fly-lines-explained Informative...
  9. Wetswinger

Construction crap

The flex and disconnect are expensive. Goodwill or Habitat for Humanity would take them. The transformer is a specialty item and probably trash. I actually was glad I saved some flooring when my fireplace leaked and I needed it for a repair...
  10. Wetswinger

Rod Building The Rod Building Thread

Nice idea with the dimmer switch...
  11. Wetswinger

The oldest one I have is 3 yrs old. It's a full wells on my lake rod. Used once a a week year round, it's getting discolored but is solid yet..
  12. Wetswinger

I don't know anything about the back story on Proofs grips. He says they're made in Portugal where most of the cork is produced. In a sweatshop.? I've tried a few different suppliers and just found they have good grips for the price. The selection is good. I have zero interest in making grips...
  13. Wetswinger

NFR Feather Identification

Thank you all..
  14. Wetswinger

NFR Feather Identification

Found these feathers on my walk yesterday, in Oly. I don't recognize them. Any ideas which bird they come from.? Just curious..
  15. Wetswinger

I get my grips at Proof Flyfishing. They carry many different styles...I like Ritz and Bullnose which is just that, a Ritz with a bullnose... https://www.proofflyfishing.com/collections/grips-and-cork-rings
  16. Wetswinger

Agreed..I bought an Echo Lift rod recently, and the grip was so thin and short I couldn't use it. So I tore it off and replaced it with one I liked. That's the joy of building your own rod or having one built for you. Build it the way you want it..
  17. Wetswinger

Here's some details of my latest build, the last one I'm doing until next Winter. This is my own personal rod. It's an Anglers Workshop IM6, 8ft, 4# blank, made in Woodland, WA. Brass colored, downloading reel seat. I put on an old school bullnose grip that feels great in the hand. Slightly...
  18. Wetswinger

The good boat deal thread

I had this pontoon and it was heavy duty bombproof...
  19. Wetswinger

Westside lakes waking up?

I got skunked also yesterday. A lot of hatches but no sign of any fish. Tried everything. A kid floating by had one using a crawler.
  20. Wetswinger

Old Guy question

Tied as a wet fly, it is good attractor pattern. I've used them with good success in alpine lakes..