Search results

1. E

Yakima tributary

Spent a few days on a tributary to Yakima. Loads of fish caught, from 4” to 12” (typical for this river). Last one I caught was the biggest and a great way to round it out. Chubby Chernobyl and a spider, rainbow warrior, or prince nymph dropper was the ticket. Elk hair caddis was a first cast...
  2. E

Which lake to hit?

Alright everyone, I need help making a choice for a trip in the next few days: Lone or Pass Lake? Not looking for tips, or reports or whatever (of course they are welcome) and pretty sure naming those two lakes isn’t hot spotting, so chill if you’re one of those people. Just want to open up to...
  3. E

First time for everything

Let’s play “guess the mistake I made at the launch this morning”.
  4. E

Two nights away.

Spent two nights at a known but often overlooked river near a very large and famous one. Just a great time away and alone to clear the mind. Caught a lot of the 6-8” trout typical of this water. Also nabbed some big ones (12”) for this river, which was exciting. They fought hard...
  5. E

Victory, in more ways than one

Just picked up a Wright & McGill Granger Victory. 3 pieces, 9 foot. To my very untrained eye, looks like all original wraps and guides. Slight bend in the tip section. $22 estate sale find.
  6. E

SBS olive squirrel nymph

(Edit because I forgot a few photos) For the sake of creating content to help boost the site, an amateur step-by-step for an olive squirrel nymph. Start with a nymph hook, here’s size 10, but 8-12 is fine. Start olive thread at the shank behind the eye. (Cleaning dubbing off the vise is...