Search results

1. P6160082.JPG

P6160082.JPG

2. jeffj

Vintage Quality Fiberglass?

I believe you're correct about the Fisher blanks. Fisher was also involved in starting the Hardy fiberglass factory.
  3. jeffj

Vintage Quality Fiberglass?

Scientific Anglers system Rods, the glass ones. They put them out in 4wt to 11wt. The hardy JET rods. Sceptre and Fibatube were a couple of quality British brands that looked a lot like Fisher with spigot ferrules and dark brown blanks.
  4. jeffj

Strange, weird or odd or whatever beach finds thread….

Obviously lost by a gear fisherman
  5. jeffj

Rod ID question

Don't have a Union Hardware, how about a Laurentian. I think it's close to the same era
  6. jeffj

Rod ID question

I submitted the pictures to the Classic Rod forum, and they agree with you. Union Hardware for sure. Thanks Jeff
  7. jeffj

Rod ID question

It's marked as a 5wt and handles that fine but a 333 4wt feels nicer on it to me. I've lawn casted it with a 3 and that's just a bit light for me. It's got a grip built with 1/16 in gaps between the rings so you can feel it flex in your hand with a decent fish on. It's a nice light clean little...
  8. jeffj

Fly Rod Holder Solution?

I like Eastside's solution. I might change up my funky kayak holders to the Berkeley rack. I have one in the garage for gear rods and it's really secure
  9. jeffj

Rod ID question

Scratching my head over the rod weights. Weighed a 7030 and it came in right on 3.01oz with one tip 2.99oz with the 2nd. It's a DeBell with one Granger tip and one Phillipson. I'm done weighing rods for the day, looks like a rabbit hole I don't need to go down right now.
  10. jeffj

Rod ID question

Rod with light tip weighs 5.3oz. Doesn't have Phillipson's purple glue lines and I don't think they built any swelled butt rods. I had a Haywood Zephyr for a while, it's a spin/fly. Not sure if the rod weight means anything, my understanding is that's usually the weight of the unfinished blank...
  11. jeffj

Rod ID question

This one is 81/2 ft slight swelled butt, 2 tip. The tips are different weights and diameters. The light one is 10g and the heavy one is 15g. I've seen the Haywood name associated with Phillipson but their Haywood is a spin/fly, 7ft if I recall correctly. Any guesses are welcome, I've never been...
  12. jeffj

Suspended / cruising carp

I've always thought if there's a cast you should take it. I've had plenty of fish flee from what I thought was a perfect presentation to a feeding fish. Plenty more have taken a "Hail Mary" shot that looked hopeless. I spent an hour following a school that was taking flying ants off the surface...
  13. jeffj

Carp Query

Does anyone have a theory on why carp follow your tube when you're just kicking along from place to place? I've caught a few by plopping a fly into the crowd but it's not anything to count on. JJ
  14. jeffj

Show me your bass

some more from the wayback machine