Search results

1. Herkileez

Three New Fiberglass builds

Just finished the grips on three fiberglass builds, experimenting with birch/fir bark and burled cork. Still need to do the wraps on the yellow and orange blanks...Two 8' 5wts and a 7'6" 4 wt.
  2. Herkileez

Beach Line Recommendations

I've been using a Snowbee integrated XS floating switch line for o/head casting for coho on the beach. I'm using tapered fluoro leaders and very small flies. The 29' head is great for o/head sh casting, but Snowbee pvc oatings are notorious for their poor durability. I'm looking for a suitable...
  3. Herkileez

Birch Bark Grip

(Thought we had a rod building section, but couldn't find it...so posting here) This grip idea has been in the back of my mind for a while...finally got around to putting it together.. birch bark with wave/burnt cork accents. I'm happy with the result. Not sure what blank I'll put it on...might...
  4. Herkileez

Two Amundson Trend Fly Reels with Spare Spools

I have two Amundson Trend fly reels, each with one large arbor and one mid-arbor spool, all loaded with backing. Strong cork disc drag. Recently serviced and in good condition. Ideal for 7-10 wt single hand rods or lighter switch rods $100 usd each or all for $180 usd shipped in NA.
  5. Herkileez

Pretty Amazing!

Had to share this.......Amazing how they separated materials by colour/texture.
  6. Herkileez

Must Watch This !!

This was posted from an incident on Sheridan Lake, in BC. I had to pass it on: If this isn't a reminder to wear a lifejacket, I don't know what is. https://www.facebook.com/reel/8015530048517940?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V A tiny voice just heard. He was just hanging on. Brent B Gill and another guest at...
  7. Herkileez

Demo Casting for a Celebrity

The other day I was fishing for pinks, directly across from a local outdoor store, which is perched on the edge of the river. I was using a switch rod and was alone on the run. As I was casting, I noticed someone standing in the window, watching me. He stayed there, seeming transfixed on my...
  8. Herkileez

Islander LA 4.5 Reel and 2 spare spools w/3 lines

Gold Islander LA 4.5 Reel and 2 spare spools (3 spools total), gold color, with anti-reverse drag feature, excellent condition, with slight rash on bottom edge of cage, 3 Islander neoprene cases. Loaded with backing and 3 lines: AF 8/9 Spey, Skagit spey 8/9 550 gr, Rio Windcutter 9/10 Sold
  9. Herkileez

Riverstick Custom Wading Staffs

I’ve been building my wading staffs for a few years now, shipping them worldwide, and making some great friends along the way. Fishers seem to like them, so I thought I’d offer them for sale here as well. The heart of the staff is the extremely durable, heavy-guage 6061 marine-grade aluminum...