Search results

1. J

Epropulsion outboard

Liberty, Loch Raven or Prettyboy? My wife lived in B more off of Hartford road so loch raven was a local
  2. J

Epropulsion outboard

I would love to go electric for sure. No exhaust into the water and (hopefully) I could have a motor that both planes out my boat and can run at 1-1.5 mph. Now I need a trolling motor or I use a drogue. The drogue works but it, with the outboard running, kinda harshes the trolling mellow
  3. J

Non-Fly Dirtbag kokanee

I too have been bit by the kokanee bug. Out of interest, as opposed to needing a better option, I started tying my own hoochies out of bucktail on tubes. They work pretty well on our local interior Norcal reserviors. Gotta be pink though IMO
  4. J

Epropulsion outboard

I looked into electric motors for my 14' Klamath. The salesperson said no-go as I would need 300 lbs worth of batteries for a boat that can hold 600 lbs. Not sure if this is applicable to your setup
  5. J

What's in your vise?

Yessssssssss!
  6. J

Awesome Dogs of PNW

George the Wonder Springer doing his thing!
  7. J

What's your favorite dry or emerger Callibaetis pattern?

I like a size 14 or 16 soft hackle pheasant tail with partridge for the hackle, with some floatant. If the fishing is too far away to see that fly, I hang it off the back of a parachute Adams. Usually the Adams is a strike indicator.
  8. J

NFR Anyone know...

piezometer?
  9. J

Non-Fly Bait casting setup for smallmouth on Snake?

Hi, this thread got me thinking as I would like to not have a zillion rods but would like to re-add a baitcaster to my quiver. For mostly smallies with occasional largemouth and maybe a schoolie striper, should I get a rod that throws 1/4-3/4 oz or bump up to a rod that throws up to an ounce?
  10. J

Snow Shred Season 23/24

So still snowing in interior norcal. Been skiing a lot. Pow days in April are always a bonus! Oh also a couple weekends ago we went to the Tam McArthur Rim yurts outside of Sisters Or. the hurts were great and the ski terrain is excellent. We had everything from corn to pow during our stay
  11. J

Old Guy question

I use a fly called a Wright’s Royal on the regular. 1/2 way between and EHC and a Royal coachman. I fish it dry and wet.
  12. J

New Opportunity?

I think it was in Mcphee’s book The Founding Fish (about American shad if you have t read it) where there was a saying that God took a porcupine and turned it inside out, and created a shad. They are bony!
  13. J

Pike in the San Juan Islands?

I grew up right near Chesapeake Bay and we had chain pickerel (1st cousin of pike) in brackish water. I have caught pickerel, Norfolk spot, and bluefish all in the same spot. Oh and occasionally sharks.
  14. J

Snow Shred Season 23/24

Snowing hard in interior Norcal. Mostly just snow blowing but a quick powsurf this afternoon behind the house. Too much snow for that even. Two sledders I talked with said the hill across the street has 7 feet on it and it is still dumping. No doubt some wind transfer. Pali valley had a 109 mph...
  15. J

Washington-Seattle area tolls

So cal specifically. Altho my so cal relatives get e saying the 80 sometimes
  16. J

Taking down animals

I lived near Chesapeake Bay and we would pull these guys up in crab traps on occasion, which would send all us bare foot kids scurrying up the pilings. From 4 feet away you are fine, closer than that these guys can move quick. I saw a medium size one hiss and then snap, biting a crab net handle...
  17. J

Snow Shred Season 23/24

We just got back from our family ski road trip in Utah, wyoming and Idaho. Hit some of the big resorts and had decent snow but my favorite day was hitting legendary Pomerelle!!!
  18. J

Snow Shred Season 23/24

Well they are forecasting a hundred incher for the second half of this week in interior norcal. 2-4 feet at the house @5700 feet in truckee.😳
  19. J

Wanted Sage vxp 6weight in vg/excellent condition. Does anyone have one they want to part with?

Hi Hem, Thanks This’ll sound wierd I think, but I am looking to make a matching set within the family, so trying to find a stock one… John
  20. J

Wanted Sage vxp 6weight in vg/excellent condition. Does anyone have one they want to part with?

I have a 5 weight to trade or some Galvan standard reels if a trade is of interest. Thanks