Search results

1. dflett68

Reel Refinishing?

I bought an old SA System Two reel on ebay with two extra (3 total) spools. It's got the standard wear through the finish on the outside edges and I'm debating whether to leave it as-is or possibly remove the finish and go with bare aluminum. Seems like the potential cons would be reflection...
  2. dflett68

Underwhelmed, then Overwhelmed

My SIL and the guys in his family have camped every year near Curlew for deer season and I started tagging along 4 years ago. I don't hunt (yet) but I love hanging out at camp, walking the woods with my SIL, and leaving a couple days early to tap into the endless stillwater possibilities...
  3. dflett68

9mm or .45acp?

....Those are my choices due to my circumstances. I normally carry when I'm in the woods, for the normal reasons. I know that neither of those weapons, nor their ammo, was designed to kill animals, let alone big ones. Question is, if I do encounter a big animal that I couldn't discourage with...
  4. dflett68

Bears and Cutts

i took a gamble on a wetside lake at about 950 feet that i've been eyeing for years. there's no solid info i could find on a route online, so i was hopeful it doesn't get much pressure. i made a bad bet on a well worn side trail about halfway in and ended up doubling my distance to get there...
  5. dflett68

Adding backpack straps to a float tube/uboat

Trying to fish further from the road more this year, especially as the water temps rise. So, I dusted off my Creek Company Uboat 2000, and bought some aftermarket backpack straps. This is something I've never done, and while I was able to pull it off this weekend on a hike of about 3 miles...
  6. dflett68

SFR Question for the real scientists

this spring i've had two firsts: 1. two weeks ago, i set way too hard while trolling (cause i had missed a couple previous hookups and was jumpy), and pulled the whole rig back in my face and ended up with a streamer ear-ring. i had a looong kick back to the car and a 40 minute drive home...