Search results

1. cole_p

FS 2 Lines and 3 Fly Boxes

Hi all. Thanks for looking. Selling a few items First up 2 lines I no longer need. Both are used but still in great shape and should be getting fished. Airflo SuperFlo Elite WF4F - $25 SA Mastery Infinity Taper WF6F - $40 Next are three boxes I don’t use. Umpqua mag box is new unused. Tacky...
  2. cole_p

Scott Centric Micarta Reel Seat- saltwater safe?

Curious if anyone knows if the fancy reel seat Scott used in the centric is saltwater safe. Thinking of chasing SRC in the sound with one.
  3. cole_p

Beulah Guide Series II?

Anyone have any experience with this rod family? Thinking specifically about the 9ft 4wt for dries and some light nymph work. I’ll be fishing from a boat on the yak and wading other smaller/medium sized streams. I know folks love some of their other offerings. $350 seems like a good deal if...
  4. cole_p

Shortening sink tips?

Howdy. I have found myself with two Rio Light MOW 10ft T8 tips. I was thinking about cutting the extra one into two smaller pieces for use with lighter single hand rods. Has anyone done this? Is this dumb, should I just keep the extra for when the first is broken or lost? If I decide to cut...
  5. cole_p

NZ North Island

Has anyone fished the north island in early Jan? I’m going to fish the most famous river. After scouring Google Maps I have a short list of other options but would love some tips if anyone is willing to share. Tips don’t have to be locations, open to any info. PM me please. Also if this...
  6. cole_p

SOLD Sage VXP 690

Selling my Sage VXP 9 foot 6 weight Bought this as a backup and just haven’t used it much. Great Sage build quality and aesthetics. Nice medium-fast action but with plenty of mojo for big dries, streamers or gaudy nymph rigs. Perfect year round big western river rod Sweet rod and should be...
  7. cole_p

Wanted Fishpond thunderhead backpack

Looking for a fishpond thunderhead backpack. Ok with older or newer model zippers and I like all their color options. If I don’t have any luck then I’d be open to Patagonia or Simms with the waterproof zippers too. Located in Seattle but happy to chat shipping
  8. cole_p

FS OPST 350 grain Commando Head

Jumped the gun and bought this head used. Don’t need it anymore. Asking $45. I’ll pay shipping conus. Located in Seattle and happy to meet in person. Also would consider trading for the 300 grain OPST commando.
  9. cole_p

Wanted 4wt Trout Spey

Looking for a 4wt trout spey rod. Thinking something in the mid range. My upper budget is $600. Some interesting options that I’ve found online include: Echo TR2 Echo Trout Spey Sage G5 (more expensive but I’m a Sage fan) Happy to chat about what you might have! Open to suggestions. I’m...
  10. cole_p

Personal Raft Opinions

Hi all. Interested in grabbing a watermaster Kodiak or something similar to do solo floats on the yak or similar river. Might try some lakes too. I’ve floated the yak plenty of times in a 3 man raft with buddies and am confident in rowing ability. I’m not confident in which one I should get...
  11. cole_p

FS Line clean out

Howdy folks Three lines for sale. First is a Rio Gold WF8F. Spooled and cast a few times but never fished. $45 Next is a SA Mastery MPX WF5F. Used maybe 5 times. SOLD! Lastly we have a Rio Outbound Short WF6I. I bought it used. SOLD! Prices include shipping to CONUS and the PayPal fees...
  12. cole_p

Tips on buying a used drift boat

What sort of questions should I ask if I’m considering buying a used boat? What should I look for? Shit to avoid? How does one register a boat? I don’t know anything about buying/owning a boat and would appreciate any advice y’all might have. Thanks!
  13. cole_p

Wanted 5/6 Redington Rise or Ross Animas Spool

Looking for a spare spool for my 6wt reels: Redington Rise 5/6, Olive preferred Ross Animas (2019) 5/6, Black preferred Would also consider a whole ‘nuther redington rise or any reel for the right price. If you have a different color you might want to sell let me know.
  14. cole_p

Back to the yak

Super bowl Sunday. Great weather, two great rainbows and a great time. New old truck handled the pass like a champ.
  15. cole_p

Tips to dry out wading boots

I have some older Patagonia boots that take forever to dry. It’s not a huge deal but I’d like to avoid mildew and or other smelly shit from propagating in there. Does anyone have any tips besides putting them in front of a fan? Or to not worry about it?
  16. cole_p

6wt beach line recs

Any intermediate lines y’all would recommend? I’ve tried the Rio outbound short but I’m not sure if I love it on my sage pulse. Also I’m not the best caster in the world. Double haul needs work.