Search results

1. Brian in OR.

gear price jumps

2. Brian in OR.

What's your favorite dry or emerger Callibaetis pattern?

Mainly use it at Hegben with no complaints from the fish, but like you i think the mayflies on our local water are a bit darker. I had some ties with darker wings at Hegben but was getting a lot of false takes.... John Kreft tied the one i showed specifically for the lakes in Central Oregon...
  3. Brian in OR.

What's your favorite dry or emerger Callibaetis pattern?

I like a biot body spinner with cdc for the wings but good cdc is hard to come by so most tyers have gone with antron. John does a pretty good job with his tie's....
  4. image.jpeg

image.jpeg

5. Brian in OR.

SFR Iowa Fish Kill (Missouri River)-NY Times

As of Thursday, it was reported that a total of 749,242 fish had been killed, with the most affected species being the minnows, shiners, dace and chubs at 707,871. Who the F counted them..... :unsure:
  6. Brian in OR.

Zig when they zag...

Thats the ticket....
  7. Brian in OR.

Valley of Fire

Thanks for taking us along your trip...
  8. Brian in OR.

Caught in the middle…

Im a 10.5 wide and like you find it hard to find boots that are just right....Patagonias in 12 were to big, Simms in 11 were too small now i'm wearing Korkers and so far they fit about right..
  9. Brian in OR.

Minn Kota vs Garmin electric motors

Evan when i looked into this, the differences were minimal. The 24V has a bit more torque but the speeds were nearly identical. I'm sure the run time on the 24V would be better but the 12V would have more than enough capacity for what I'm doing....
  10. Brian in OR.

CP

Way to go! What depth were you finding the fish and how was the water temps?
  11. Brian in OR.

2-Piece Rods

All my four piece rods are two piece rods. I leave them strung up in half in a two-piece rod case that way they’re ready to go(y)
  12. Brian in OR.

Flies you've taken OUT of your rotation.

Tom don’t give up on the Prince I fish an unweighted pattern behind a leech for lake fishing. It’s my go to set up.
  13. Brian in OR.

Finally!

Good lookin fish, nicely done...
  14. Brian in OR.

Washington-Seattle area tolls

Rob you and I both know that once the government takes your money for something they are never going to voluntarily give it up once the expense is paid. They'll just say we need it for something else and we'll keep paying.....
  15. Brian in OR.

Taking down animals

I tried to man handle my sisters cat one time to show him who's boss....... Big mistake, the harder i squeezed the harder he dug into my arm with his claws and teeth. I ended up losing the battle with a good lesson learned
  16. Brian in OR.

Central WA's husky rainbows 2/22/2024

Since you retained them was there any stomach content?
  17. Brian in OR.

Damn😲

Doesn't sound like the fish is out of the ordinary according to the article “It was a bit over the average of the big ones caught every week,” Biott told For The Win Outdoors. 😲
  18. Brian in OR.

lithium battery questions

How Could A Lithium Battery Damage a Trolling Motor? Like all other trolling motor brands, we advise against using lithium batteries without Battery Management Systems (BMS). Lithium batteries can run at a higher voltage for longer durations (14-16V) than Lead-Acid batteries (13V). Trolling...
  19. Brian in OR.

Wet Flies for Lakes

My go to set up is a small leach with a prince nymph trailing 30" behind and i let the fish tell me what they like...
  20. Brian in OR.

Rooftop Tents

Probably didn't cost him $2500 either....