Search results

1. bobduck

NFR Humor

As Cornwallis said....... "I surrender"
  2. bobduck

NFR Humor

This took me way too long to figure out but it reminds me of a college basketball game I watched that was in Pullman and when the three officials gathered together to decide on a play, the student section started chanting "rock paper scissors, rock paper scissors !" Hilarious.
  3. bobduck

NFR Humor

True story....I took my grandkids fishing when they were very young. They had gotten cute little fishing poles so I stopped at a local hardware store to pick up some hooks, bait and some little red and white plastic bobbers. The young gal checking my items held up one of the bobbers to put...
  4. bobduck

Intermediate Line

I've also fished an intermediate "still water " line for years and have seen a lot of anglers with floating lines on the same lakes and I seem to get a lot more hookups than they do. I had one guy ask me what fly I was using and I gave him one but told him that wasn't why I was hooking more...
  5. bobduck

What's your favorite dry or emerger Callibaetis pattern?

look up Quigley's callibaetis cripple. Very effective pattern. On one occasion on a central Oregon lake I was doing very well, catching a lot of fish, and noticed another angler not far away doing as well as I was so being curious I asked what he was using. He said an emerger. I said I...
  6. Mann Lake 009.JPG

Mann Lake 009.JPG

7. bobduck

NFR Humor

8. bobduck

Tying Soft Hackle Flies

I'm going to apologize for going off topic with my old escapades. I have a good book by Dave Hughes on Wet Flies that includes soft hackles, flymphs etc. It's my go to book on the subject.
  9. bobduck

Tying Soft Hackle Flies

This happened in 1994 so don't remember the name. We were looking for a meal and there was a bar there and it was on the main drag across from a motel. Our server was a crusty old gal who said she used to work at the motel but got tired of shaking pecker tracks out of the sheets. When...
  10. bobduck

NFR Humor

11. bobduck

Top 10 trout lakes in Washington (you’re welcome😉)

American Lake.... now there's one I have fished. Back in the 80,s a friend called me and said he found a lake where we could catch oodles of perch. This was before I fly fished. He said that chumming was legal and we should mix some chum, fish eggs and oatmeal, and then after dispensing...
  12. bobduck

Top 10 trout lakes in Washington (you’re welcome😉)

On the bright side he didn't mention any of my top ten lakes. You can always tell when someone ain't from around here by the way they pronounce place names.
  13. bobduck

NFR Humor

14. bobduck

Tying Soft Hackle Flies

After a day of fishing in the park, we stopped in West Yellowstone for dinner and a drink and encountered a fellow fly angler sitting at the bar enjoying a double scotch on the rocks which had apparently loosened his tongue and he was boasting of his great day on the Firehole. We had fished...
  15. bobduck

NFR Humor

16. bobduck

March Madness 2024

don't feel bad......I had em in the final four. Happy to see the old pac 12 schools get through the first round. Colorado decided to make it close so I managed to pick that one right.
  17. bobduck

NFR Humor

18. bobduck

March Madness 2024

I'm in a pool at my local watering hole. I know that every year you have to pick some upsets and if you pick the right ones you'll likely finish in the money. I've never picked the right ones ever and to continue with this streak I took McNeese to beat the Zags. Not happening. But...
  19. bobduck

Lost at Pass Lake or Rocky Ford Creek

The address labels I get for envelopes from TU I also put on all my fly boxes. It's way too easy to take a box out of a vest pocket looking to change a fly during a hatch and put the box down on the ground in your excitement to go catch those rising fish. An old fishing magazine article by...