Search results

1. WWKimba

New Fly Swap on the Books!

I'm a new member here and have just posted my first fly swap - The Ark Swap" found on the next thread - 'Fly Tying and Entomology". I've been tying flies for over 50 years and hosting fly swaps going on 12 years now on other sites. What is a fly swap? It is simply a where a bunch (6-12) of...
  2. WWKimba

Fly Swaps 101 - read this before you join your first fly swap!

First, most fly swaps are open to all level and experience tyers - ALL of the swaps I host are. Do NOT feel that you have to be a professional level tyer! They are a fun way to better and widen you tying ability. You simply tie a fly for each participant, they'll do the same and when the host...
  3. WWKimba

The Ark Swap - my first fly swap on this site

"Two and two, male and female, went into the ark with Noah, as God had commanded Noah." - Genesis 7:9 Though I've been hosting swaps on other sites for 12 years now - this is my first swap offering on PNW! For anyone not familiar with what a swap is please refer to my "Fly Swaps 101" post on...
  4. WWKimba

Any interest in a fly swap on this forum?

Hi, my name is Kim and I love to host fly swaps. I cut my teeth on them back when FAOL was still an active on-line magazine as well as an active forum (I have used this screen handle on all the sites I currently belong to) - I'm OLD and don't want to test my memory remembering a whole slew of...