Search results

1. singlehandjay

Skipped work and got more than practice

I took advantage of the rainy Monday we had and found myself a player early on that shook it's way off after a couple head shakes and a small run. I landed a very nice whitefish then found this one a couple casts into a new run. Was a killer fight. The fish took to the air three or four...
  2. singlehandjay

FS Various flies. SOLD

My coworker has a brother that was interested in fly fishing some time ago, lost interest and gave all his stuff to his dad. My buddy's dad doesn't fly fish and is tired of looking at the stuff so he asked if I could help him out with selling some of the stuff. I bought some of the flies that...
  3. singlehandjay

Shooting targets

I recently made a couple spinning targets. The target itself I cut out of 3/8" AR400 steel so he should be able to hit these with anything and not worry about poking holes. The different sizes should make different sounds when hit.
  4. singlehandjay

Surface fish

For years i have wanted to take a steelhead on a surface fly. This year I wanted to get a steelhead on a two handed rod on a surface fly. I finally got it done this morning after a lot of trying different ideas and playing with leader lengths and casting. Awesome battles from both fish. It was...
  5. singlehandjay

Closure of Washington coast and strait.

I just got an email from WDFW saying that Washington coast and strait are closed to fishing with no specifics on what or exactly where and what is left open. I would post the email but don't know how to