Search results

1. SRC&Bassbum

7 wt rod and reel for bass

I’m thinking of adding a 7 wt setup for bass. I’m considering an Echo Lift, Redington Vice or Wrangler rod. Also an Echo base reel or Redington Crosswater reel. Does any one have any experience with these? I’d mostly be fishing poppers but maybe some subsurface stuff.
  2. SRC&Bassbum

Tide app?

does anyone have a tide app they use and prefer?
  3. SRC&Bassbum

6 wt trout Spey?

I am new to Spey casting and have a question. I have a 6 wt switch rod with a scandi line. Is this too big for trout Spey tactics likely fishing streamers?
  4. SRC&Bassbum

Bass poppers and weedguards

I’ve fished poppers for bass the past 2 summers with quite a bit of success. My fly tying skills of tying these has improved as well. I’ve been adding single 30 lb mono and more recently double mono weedguards. My hookup success rate with the double mono weedguards seems worse lately. Just...
  5. SRC&Bassbum

Aluminum boat repair?

My 35 + yr old 12 ft aluminum boat has developed a hole wear a rivet popped out. Does anyone have some tips on how to repair or where I can get this type of work done? I likely will also need to do some type of preventative maintenance on the other rivets etc. up until now th boat hasn’t...
  6. SRC&Bassbum

Boat cover?

I’m looking to find a decent boat cover for my 12 ft aluminum v hull boat. Has anyone found a good one? I got one last year that tore in a handful of places on my trip to Spokane and back. It wasn’t as durable as advertised
  7. SRC&Bassbum

Bass tactics?

I’ve had some success with poppers last summer in targeting bass but am wondering what subsurface tactics others use? And in what situations?
  8. SRC&Bassbum

Anchor system for 12 ft aluminum boat?

I’m looking to add an anchor system to my 12 aluminum boat. Any ideas? I’m looking to add something to the front and back of the boat. I’ll mInly be fishing small lakes
  9. SRC&Bassbum

Tactics for crappie and bluegill

I know of a lake that has a decent population of crappie and bluegill.that I hope to target more this year. What kind of tactics do you all use? I’ve caught bluegill on a bluegill bully spiders under a small foam hopper before but am trying to learn other tactics
  10. SRC&Bassbum

Puyallup Sportsmans Show

Was thinking of going to the Puyallup Sportsmans show next week but it doesn’t look like there is much fly fishing related. It’s been quite some time since I’ve went. Has anyone been to it in recent years?
  11. SRC&Bassbum

King tides?

The recent king tides we had have got me wondering, does that affect SRC and rezzie fishing at all? Other than the obvious impact on me…. Less room to cast or more tidal junk … driftwood etc does it impact the fish much if at all?
  12. SRC&Bassbum

Favorite bass flies?

I got into fly fishing for bass using poppers last summer. Just curious, what are your favorite bass flies?
  13. SRC&Bassbum

New fly shop coming?

This past weekend I drove by the old Puget Sound Fly Co location and noticed signs on the windows saying “coming soon Puget Sound Fly Shop”. Does anyone know about this? Is a new fly shop in the works?
  14. SRC&Bassbum

Cold weather layering?

Just wandering what others do for cold weather layering this time of year?